Stobarts or not Stobarts

Alright folks,
Passed my class 1 on Wednesday. Been offered a job with Stobarts tramping Thursday to Monday . Also had another job offer with another company some nights out weekend work when I want it but abit less money. Bit stumped as what to do. What do you guys think?

For all it’s fashionable to knock Stobarts, they have a brilliant induction set up that rivals anything else I’ve seen. And then you get excellent kit to use rather than start with “the old banger in the corner”.

Without knowing a lot more about both job offers and who the other company is, I have to lean towards Stobbies.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Well done on passing and getting two job offers! Very nice :smiley:

Give it a go,

Would give stobarts a go tbh no truck is over 3 years old all seem clean kit.

Which work you be doing for stobarts?

For some reason people like bashing stobart drivers on here. Their just trying to earn a crust like the rest of us. I would say as a new driver go with stobart. At least you’ll be in legal and decent kit. Plus it’s a bit more money

Thanks chaps.
Yea there seems to be plenty of jobs out there.Stobarts are taking on newly qualified drivers if anyone has just passed just give them a ring.
Also a few big companies in my area west mids/Worcestershire are advertising jobs new qualified considered.

Its the “in” thing here to hate on Stobarts but as companies go there are plenty worse out there. Stobarts have their own way of doing things but they’re are no different to any other big company. Just keep your head down, work hard, keep within the law and you should be golden!

Been with stobarts a couple of weeks now and they have looked after me. Gave me my own 64 plate Scania. They are decent. Give me a buzz with any questions. Also they offered me thurs-mon at first I said now then they gave me mon-fri :wink: give me a buzz

bj86uk:
Been with stobarts a couple of weeks now and they have looked after me. Gave me my own 64 plate Scania. They are decent. Give me a buzz with any questions. Also they offered me thurs-mon at first I said now then they gave me mon-fri :wink: give me a buzz

Bas***** gave you a Scanny :imp: just when they got your confidence up, so cruel :wink: :laughing: Seriously well done glad you are employed.

Haha got to earn your stripes before you get a Volvo. :wink:

Also added bonus is that the induction counts as 14 hours towards your next CPC.