Sorry.. quick Stobart driver talking crap story

Was waiting in drivers bit at Tesco Purfleet (or Thurrock if you like) there were 6 Stobart drivers sat in a line, one of them was talking to his mate, making sure everyone in the room could hear him, he was on about one of the Silver F1 Mercs being taken out a the day before, saying that the bloke who took it out was in for the sack, as he’d filled the truck up with British diesel, and the truck, being an International motor wasnt set up to run on British diesel, only European diesel. :confused:
I murmered under my breath FFS, and the bloke next to me said 'are you listening to the Stobart driver? I said it was hard not to as he was virtually shouting, and what a complete [zb] [zb] he was. The bloke next to me agreed, and we sat sniggering like schoolboys at the crap he was coming out with, e.g Merc would have to have a new engine fitted. etc

If the auto-censor catches a word (two in your case!!) then respelling it or using asterisks, hash signs or the like to dodge the auto censor doesn’t make those words become acceptable!! dd.

thats faf mate ware do they find them total idiots :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

For a minute i thought you where talking about the actual F1 cars :laughing: Which of course run on a special composition of petrol.

Was talking to a Stobarts driver at Chippenham truckstop on tuesday and when i told him i was from Brackley he asked me if give my right arm to drive the race trucks for stobarts out of Brackley,he nearly spat his coffee out when i told him i couldnt take the drop in money…even for a shiny Merc :laughing:

Mind you , ‘European’ diesel is quite a bit cheaper than ‘British’ diesel :wink:

I was told by an ex employer that he would be in deep doo doo if I filled up with British diesel.I naturally assumed that he was talking in terms of a wrecked engine :slight_smile:

don’t take the last bit seriously folks.Edited 3 times 'cos I couldn’t make the writing smaller

I’ve heard that load of ■■■■■■■■ a couple of times before, in fact I think there was a thread on here about it a good few years ago.

kindle530:
one of them was talking to his mate,

More likely just a poor sod who was unfortunate enough to have sat in the wrong seat and have been wearing the wrong uniform, when the big mouthed one walked in. :laughing:

I suppose it made him feel important as he knew this vital information, probably thinks he’ll get a phone call off Mr Tinkler offering him the F1 job as he knows so much about Merc Engines. :unamused: :laughing:

Blimey I thought you was going to say that he thought that it can run on LPG so long as it’s bought on the continent not here. :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I imagine there will be rumblings from Mercedes as well if they are forking out for new Stobart engines. After all, they only run two cars, so if they use at most 18 or 20 trucks, why is every Stobart driver you see just doing a one off in Tesco .

“I normally do the F1 work” :laughing: There must be about 600 of the buggers :wink:

Wheel Nut:
I imagine there will be rumblings from Mercedes as well if they are forking out for new Stobart engines. After all, they only run two cars, so if they use at most 18 or 20 trucks, why is every Stobart driver you see just doing a one off in Tesco .

“I normally do the F1 work” :laughing: There must be about 600 of the buggers :wink:

I met one of them on the ferry from Dublin a couple of weeks ago who said that to me. I said, “Poor you, at least they have you on some decent work at the moment and you can make the most of it before you have to suffer the F1 crap again.” He looked most confused that I wasn’t impressed with his ‘usual’ work and wandered of to find another victim. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

mazz:
Mind you , ‘European’ diesel is quite a bit cheaper than ‘British’ diesel :wink:

Also could be ‘quite a bit’ biodiesel which tends to ■■■■ up our finer filters. Works the other way round though

kindle530:
Was waiting in drivers bit at Tesco Purfleet (or Thurrock if you like) there were 6 Stobart drivers sat in a line, one of them was talking to his mate, making sure everyone in the room could hear him, he was on about one of the Silver F1 Mercs being taken out a the day before, saying that the bloke who took it out was in for the sack, as he’d filled the truck up with British diesel, and the truck, being an International motor wasnt set up to run on British diesel, only European diesel. :confused:
I murmered under my breath FFS, and the bloke next to me said 'are you listening to the Stobart driver? I said it was hard not to as he was virtually shouting, and what a complete [zb] [zb] he was. The bloke next to me agreed, and we sat sniggering like schoolboys at the crap he was coming out with, e.g Merc would have to have a new engine fitted. etc

If the auto-censor catches a word (two in your case!!) then respelling it or using asterisks, hash signs or the like to dodge the auto censor doesn’t make those words become acceptable!! dd.

amazes me,i sit in our canteen most mornings,anywhere up to 10 drivers waiting for a run, the conversation is normally,fanny,football ,pubs,clubs,motorbike racing,car racing. :confused: :confused: dont think what fuel trucks should run on ever comming up, :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

I was told once by a coach driver friend, that with his company, the ONLY sackable offence was to return from a continental job without filling up on the continent.

Passed the licence but failed the intelligence test then.

Most of the drivers probably only want to do the F1 work so they can brag to other people about it, like most people would even give a toss.

Can’t see the appeal myself, the money’s not even good.

I had one of the bio mass walking floor drivers telling me what a mug i was doing my job getting my own clothes dirty driving an old v reg MAN.
Then boasted about he took home £550 a week for with 5 nights out i left it at that i thought if i told him our take home is not much less and we are home every night he might blow a gasket.

Can I admit that the only Stobart driver Ive talked seemed quite normal :confused:
AND I dont hold a grudge with them because they turned me down for a job… :laughing: :laughing:

It stands to reason a firm that size will have more nutters and bs merchants than other firms

DAF95XF:
Can I admit that the only Stobart driver Ive talked seemed quite normal :confused:
AND I dont hold a grudge with them because they turned me down for a job… :laughing: :laughing:

I have two mates who run for Stobart, and we seldom talk about the actual company, they are also quite normal, and think the TV prog was a big joke, and wouldn’t do ANY of the ‘glory’ jobs like F1 as they are quite happy tramping, on regular work.
No, I don’t want to work for them!

weve had a driver come to our place from stobbies and hes earning more on a class 2 with no nights out than he was tramping for stobbies and being out all week

mind you i had to put up with the “i had to get the old bill out so i could have my 9 hours offf in a tesco rdc” story on friday night as we was double manning down to falmouth so i could show him the ins and outs of delivering generators