hazard Perception

hi all im looking to do my hgv soon after a bit of advice from them that know

is the hazard perception the same as the car test ■■
cheers

Welcome onlyme :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
If you click the link in my signature it will lead you to an index where you can access a lot of info which may be of use to you :smiley: :smiley:

onlyme:
hi all im looking to do my hgv soon after a bit of advice from them that know
is the hazard perception the same as the car test ■■
cheers

Exactly the same - you might even get the same clips :exclamation: daft aint it - views from a car and not a lorry :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I did my theory test in February past. From what I picked up proir to it, it’s just the car test, but you have to attain a higher score (min 50 / 75) for LGV.

Just watch the number of ‘clicks’ on the mouse, whenever you think the hazard is developing, I stuck to a max of 4 at a time at about 1 sec intervals,(i counted).

In one senerio I hit the mouse 5 times and scored a big fat zero for that clip.

The screen view isn’t the best, being that it’s 2 D as apposed to real life 3 D but it’s all you’ve got.

Just don’t be too click happy with the mouse.

Relax and you’ll get through it.

Good luck.

yeah pal the hazard perception is same 1 as car

ok cheers my girlfriend has the car cd somewhere so will dig it out and practice

onlyme:
ok cheers my girlfriend has the car cd somewhere so will dig it out and practice

EH :question: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: - Oh, you mean the CD :exclamation: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

lol, yeah it’s the same.

one tip, obviously if you click too much you’ll get marked down for cheating so I found this helped:

every time you see something that would make you think - do I need to brake, I need to keep an eye on her or f**k he’s pulling out! anything like that, click once, If it changes to “thought he would” i.e. he did pull out, she did step off the curb etc, click again. You need to be quite quick about it and be really observant but don’t click for no reason, it doesn’t help and may cost you the 5 points for that clip.

When you’re out in your car, see the hazards as you would in the clip (normally you think: nah, he’s seen me or whatever) think of it as a “click” it’s all extra practice. :slight_smile: