Hazard Perception

Hi all, wannabe trucker here,

Is the LGV Hazard Perception test any different to the car one? Reason I ask is I’m looking to download an app (have my test next week) but none seem to mention lgv (even though I search using lgv). I don’t want to pay for an app that is useless to me.

cheers

Same as car one but needing a higher score

ROG:
Same as car one but needing a higher score

Oh bugger. Took me a couple of attempts with both my motorcycle and car licence. I don’t need a higher pass score! My issue was tending to click to early.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Try clicking a bit later then?!?

Seriously, when you see the hazard, click. Then count to 2 and click again. One way or another you’ll get the score.

Best of luck with it, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Yeah well got there in the end with both car and bike licence. To be honest I think it’s half learning how to spot the hazard and half learning how the test program works. I’ve never thought it particularly true to real world. But that’s a different discussion!

Passed mine last week - I spent ages looking at 2 different apps, the better of which was drivingtheory4all.co.uk/
TBH neither had decent video quality but the one above clearly showed the scoring window and how it varies in duration according to how fast the hazard develops. Best of luck.

I was punished on the disc version for clicking too early yet on the actual test I was rewarded. I actually stopped the clips on the disc version and took photos and had a good look at where the flags where for them and they was 1-2 secs out from when you actually see the hazard.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies

I actually failed my hazard perception a few weeks ago by 1 point, scored 0 in 3 clips which means I’m clicking too early (no idea how I can perceive a hazard to be a hazard before it’s a hazard) I’ve passed my theory and cpc case studies so just this pain in the behind to pass before I get to do the important part

IronEddie:
Yeah well got there in the end with both car and bike licence. To be honest I think it’s half learning how to spot the hazard and half learning how the test program works. I’ve never thought it particularly true to real world. But that’s a different discussion!

I used this DVD:

ebay.co.uk/itm/The-complete- … Sw5cRZGED3

I did all the exercises on the disc and passed first time (had never done a hazard perception test before). From memory, on the disc they explained it was advisable to click 3 times per hazard . Pretty sure that’s what I did and it worked for me. More than 3 clicks and you of course risk scoring a zero for over-clicking…

Just sold my DVD back on ebay once I’d finished with it, like this seller.

I’ve put an app on my phone. Seems quite good, shows you afterwards the hazard and the graduated scoring zone.