Revision Question!

Hi everyone.

I’m currently revising for my Theory/Hazard Perception tests.

I’m using “The Complete LGV & PCV 2012 Edition DVD-Rom”.

I’m currently averaging 95 on the theory, but the Hazard Perception isnt going too well (I think due to My Computer being slow)

How similar is this disk to both the actual tests?

thanks in advance,

Matt

Hazard Perception is a strange beast.

Car drivers who have been on the road for years have a more natural instinct to see things that are likely to become a problem.

The DSA are looking for developing hazards. You need to be looking for that woman that is turning to cross the zebra crossing or that cyclist that is looking over his shoulder.

If you are too quick you miss the scoring zone, and if you take too long to press it you will get a low score or even zero for that clip.

There is one clip that has 2 hazards although it will not be singled out.

Best of luck and keep practicing with those clips.

Well done on getting a good average score on your Multiple Choice practise. Let’s hope you get a good score on the day :slight_smile:

Hi Matt,

I did my LGV theory and haz perp in Feb this year, I also used the complete LGV dvd as my training material. I put in for the tests once I was continually scoring over 90% on the theory and 80% on the haz perp.

Being a duffer (51 soon) I found the theory easy and the haz perp a bit of a challenge (even though I had to do it to gain my Adi in 2003). I found that by taking a couple of haz perp mock tests per day soon got my pass rate up.

I found that the video clips on the complete LGV DVD were similar in format to the actual test, camera mounted in a similar position etc (although no clips were the same). As the test date approached I was scoring high 80’s and low to mid 90’s most of the time…I got 87% in the actual test (98% theory). Treat it as a computer game, the more you do it the better you get at it :smiley:

Best of luck

Tazbug

Appreciate the advice Fellas :slight_smile:

Hi Willym
I passed Class C theory and hazard perception tests a month ago at age 61…you’re never too old to learn!! I used the DVD you’re using and would offer the following:
Theory test question bank is good for practising, but look at the sample tests on DSA site, as they will show you the format and layout, so you’ll be familiar with it. It looks different, and you may as well know how. It must have worked…I got 99%!
Hazard Perception not quite the same: the clips on the DVD are longer than the test ones, they don’t, I believe, cover as wide a range of hazards as the real ones, and the picture quality isn’t as good…which is OK cos if you can see what’s there on the DVD clips, the test ones will be clearer. It may just be my experience of the test, but I found it felt quite different to the practice. I came out thinking that the ‘mark windows’ were opening a little earlier on the test clips as well; when practising I frequently scored 0 for clicking too soon, but it didn’t happen on the test.
Hope this helps…it’s easy to sell on the DVD afterwards as well!
Ian

Passed Multiple Choice theory today ! 98%
Hazard Perception booked for Tuesday.
All being well will start Practical a week on Monday :slight_smile:

The disk has certainly helped, however I was surprised that most of the questions were basic common sense !

Can’t wait to get behind the wheel now !

Well Done

Good job. Go get that blue certificate and you will be a happy trucker :wink:

Unfortunately Failed HP on Tuesday evening after a manic day at work! Got booked in for First thing this Morning and Passed no problems :slight_smile:

1/4 of the way there now !