Have Iveco/Ford got a new model?

Was on holiday last week,and came across this Ford badged truck,driving along the main road near Fethiye.

Is it the resurgence of Ford trucks,or is it that Iveco don’t export to Turkey?

The latter I don’t think so,because Fiat licence Tofas to make cars in Turkey,so I can’t work out why there is no Iveco badge on it.

I have to say that this was not a one off,as I saw many of them all over the place.

Ken.

I think this is the latest ford cargo :laughing: No really

I remember seeing one in a magazine somewhere, I dont think ford can sell them here though, but dont quote me on that!

Apart from the body,which is a customer spec for the job anyhow,it looke quite roomy inside for a rigid chassis.

Ken.

I saw an Artic version at the Dartford Tolls back in June and i think i read that Ford use them out of Essex and i think they have two for shuttling around ths South East.

I saw some strange ford tractor units coming back from Southend on the A127 a few months back, three in convoy, brand new. Never seen anything like them before or since.

They had big blue oval ford badges on them :confused:

Quinny:
Was on holiday last week,and came across this Ford badged truck,driving along the main road near Fethiye.

Is it the resurgence of Ford trucks,or is it that Iveco don’t export to Turkey?

The latter I don’t think so,because Fiat licence Tofas to make cars in Turkey,so I can’t work out why there is no Iveco badge on it.

I have to say that this was not a one off,as I saw many of them all over the place.

Ken.

looks like a old Pegaso

jase:
I saw an Artic version at the Dartford Tolls back in June and i think i read that Ford use them out of Essex and i think they have two for shuttling around ths South East.

T100 FMC

Let’s be honest,it’s better looking than the old Cargo,but let’s not also forget,that the old Cargo did for trucks under 7.5t like the Transit did for vans,ie:there was bloody loads of them about,so Ford must have done something right at the time.

However,where Ford did slip up,was taking on the big boys in the heavy sector.That was a fight they were never going to win.

Ken.

Quinny:
,but let’s not also forget,that the old Cargo did for trucks under 7.5t like the Transit did for vans,ie:there was bloody loads of them about,so Ford must have done something right at the time.

Ken.

but remember it was only up against the Bedford TK :wink: