Ford HGV???

Morning guys. quick question but do ford actually make a artic tractor unit? Reason i ask is i`ve seen a Silver motor with a silver trailer on belguim plates 3 tgimes in the last week. It looks kinda like a cross between a new DAF XF and a new FH13 but more “curvy” its got a great big ford blue oval on front end.

Ive seen it twice on the e40 around ghent and once on the m20 near maidstone. Ive googled crap outta it but cant find jack about it and no pictures anywhere. Looks a smart motor next time i zee it ill try get my “driversmate” to get a picture of it :wink:

at.ford.com/news/cn/Pages/Fo … gment.aspx

See here
commercialmotor.com/big-lorr … full-story

Cheers m1cks. After looking at pics i must say it looks alot nicer at 56mph in opposite direction than in the pictures lol.

i think iveco is ford as well.

Looks similar to Renault’s T range… I like the new styling!

I’d like a go in one

big boots:

No - Iveco and Ford parted company in 1997 when Iveco finally closed the Langley production plant - the original Cargo had ceased production there in late 1992; though production of Iveco’s Euro Cargo carried on until 97. Even then, Ford had pretty much divested it’s 48% share of it’s original involvement with Iveco well before that date. I doubt very much if the new Otosan Cargo unit will be sold in the UK (or any derivative thereof).

Ford badges were going on Iveco Eurocargos as late as 2003 then vanished on the new models.

Couple of Turks running over here! :sunglasses: Orkun■■? :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Chilli sauce mate?

Is it me or do they look like a cyberman

sdg1970:

big boots:

No - Iveco and Ford parted company in 1997 when Iveco finally closed the Langley production plant - the original Cargo had ceased production there in late 1992; though production of Iveco’s Euro Cargo carried on until 97. Even then, Ford had pretty much divested it’s 48% share of it’s original involvement with Iveco well before that date. I doubt very much if the new Otosan Cargo unit will be sold in the UK (or any derivative thereof).

Unless…let’s imagine that truck with a Euro 6 engine, and a merger of the Volvo/Renault dealer networks, with the independent Renault dealers largely left out in the cold, and looking for a new product.

Hino very nearly made themselves into a force in the UK truck market, by stepping into the gap left when Foden went. Could it happen?

Probably not with the Ford badge on them, but Ottosan?

Having just read the commercial motor blurb, it would appear fords and Iveco still have dealings with one another, 10.3 litre engine , low revving high torque 460 horse power,sound familiar anyone?

Course, Ford did once make one of the best looking tractor units on the road…

Own Account Driver:
Ford badges were going on Iveco Eurocargos as late as 2003 then vanished on the new models.

drove past one of them yesterday. Thought it was strange seeing a ford badge on an iveco.

Fatboy slimslow:
Couple of Turks running over here! :sunglasses: Orkun■■? :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Orkun are definatly running 'em, i saw one (like the Harry Monk picture up the top of this post) on the M25 between the A127 and A13 on Friday.

They also made the god awful D series - touch the brakes and hold on. We had a fleet of Bedfords TK and TL and one Ford. It was seen as a form of punishment if you got the Ford

Own Account Driver:

I guess they had to do something with the left over ‘Blue Ovals’. More seriously, I think Iveco had to do it for a certain time after Ford divested - up until the newer Iveco Cargos appeared.

Harry Monk:
Course, Ford did once make one of the best looking tractor units on the road…

Whaddya mean ‘make’!!! :smiley: Only the badge and the profits of course (as the old cliche goes…) :unamused: :smiley: