Handing in my notice! Please help

Please only serious help here lol. I need too hand my notice in on Monday and it may sound stupid but I don’t actually know how too word the letter as in the past if I’ve left a job I’d just tell them but I need too do this in writing. Any idea’s please?

“Dear Sir,
In accordance with the terms of my contract, I hereby give one week’s notice of my intention to leave my employment, starting from today.”

Don’t forget to date it and keep a copy. If you want to add some blurb on the end then that’s up to you but the above is sufficient to cover the legal aspect.

Harry Monk:
“Dear Sir,
In accordance with the terms of my contract, I hereby give one week’s notice of my intention to leave my employment, starting from today.”

Don’t forget to date it and keep a copy. If you want to add some blurb on the end then that’s up to you but the above is sufficient to cover the legal aspect.

Thanks for that, I thought somthing like that would do it but wasn’t sure.

Put on it that it was a pleasure working for said firm and such a wonderful boss just in case you want to go back :wink:

leave on good terms just in case you are in the ■■■ so too speak

Yes, that’s all. If you think you may want to work there again then you could also thank the boss and wish him all the best for the future, if not you could tell him that your greatest wish is that the fleas of a thousand camels would infest his ■■■■, but all you have to do in law is tell him in writing that your contract with him will cease in seven days time.

Harry Monk:
if not you could tell him that your greatest wish is that the fleas of a thousand camels would infest his ■■■■,

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Thetaff:
Put on it that it was a pleasure working for said firm and such a wonderful boss just in case you want to go back :wink:

Yes I do want too leave the door open so to speak so I will do that. It’s not the worst job in the world but I am moving on too what I think will be a better one but I do know the grass isn’t always greener on the other side so I don’t want too leave under a cloud.
Thanks allot guy’s you’ve been a really big help and it’s appreciated :wink:

Wish i was handing in my notice ya lucky sod :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

londonerupnorth:

Thetaff:

but I do know the grass isn’t always greener on the other side so I don’t want too leave under a cloud.

let me just say this.

THE GRASS IS GREENER on the other side… because of all the [zb] on it

Dear Sir,
I regret to inform you that in accordance with the terms of my contract, I hereby give one week’s notice of my intention to leave my employment, starting from today.

Although I have enjoyed working with this company, and I am sorry to leave at such short notice, I have been offered what looks like a post with better prospects elsewhere.

I hope and trust that you will wish me well in my new job.

Yours Sincerely

Londonerupnorf

Dear sir

Due to circumstances beyond my control, your services as Employer are no longer required.

I know its a bit tounge in cheek, but how many of us would love to send that resignation letter

Personally were I’ve actually handed in a written notice I’ve never bothered with the flowery language.

Normally it something like this.

Mr ***

I will be leaving your employment on ****

Thank You
My name

Lol, I told a boss I was leaving once. He said he needed it in writing so, sure enough he got it the next day, Wednesday. The usual really but no dressing it up or anything cos he was a ■■■■ and it took a massive effort not to include that bit!

Following Wednesday at the end of the day he spots me chucking my tool box in my car;

I thought you were giving us a week’s notice (sounded a mixture of ■■■■■■ off and worried).

Yep, Wednesday to Wednesday, that’s a week! Bye.
I slammed the boot and drove off, his face was a picture and made that the best day I’d had in all the time I worked there!

greggy:

londonerupnorth:

Thetaff:

but I do know the grass isn’t always greener on the other side so I don’t want too leave under a cloud.

let me just say this.

THE GRASS IS GREENER on the other side… because of all the [zb] on it

Wouldn’t that make the grass a rather brown colour, not greener? :confused:

Take your pick mate

i-resign.com/uk/letters/letters.asp

Hope this helps :wink:

redbob:
Take your pick mate

[ZB] me, there really is a website for EVERYTHING :laughing:

Thanks again to you all

Kiss my black ■■■ ■■■■■■■■■■■■, I’m outta here!

Or yo could just go with earlier suggestions… :grimacing:

londonerupnorth:

redbob:
Take your pick mate

[ZB] me, there really is a website for EVERYTHING :laughing:

I used that same website (salary calculator) during pay negotiations at the interview for my current job. :wink:

muckles:
Personally were I’ve actually handed in a written notice I’ve never bothered with the flowery language.

Normally it something like this.

Mr ***

I will be leaving your employment on ****

Thank You
My name

and there was me thinking that you resigned from your last job by holding one of the mechanics by the throat :blush: :blush: :blush: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: