Resignations and notice

How would you all give your notice?
Would you just write a short note, like I wish to hand in my notice etc and ;eave on the 25th of December.

Or would you make it like an essay and give the reasons for leaving?

Obviously I dont want to burn any bridges, as the job is ok and its near to home. I just want to get some more money.

Thanks all

Wheel Nut:
Would you just write a short note, like I wish to hand in my notice etc and ;eave on the 25th of December.

Obviously I dont want to burn any bridges, as the job is ok and its near to home. I just want to get some more money.

Thanks all

You gotta tell them you have been offered more money for your services! You never know they may offer you the extra cash to stay with them.

Dear monsewer,
I have enjoyed my time at t`alliance but feel the time has come to move on.
I wish you every success in the future. (i think you may need to lighten up on the garlic though :laughing: ).
yours… malcolm w .heelnut… esquire

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

TC:

Wheel Nut:

Thanks all

You gotta tell them you have been offered more money for your services! You never know they may offer you the extra cash to stay with them.

Nice thought TC, somehow I dont think that will happen, I have managed to get myself in a mess and need an increase :stuck_out_tongue:

dear sir

for personal reasons i am afraid that i must tender my resignation and therefore give you 2 weeks notice ending on dec 25th

JB:
(i think you may need to lighten up on the garlic though :laughing: ).
k:

Why? :confused: :confused: It’s lovely :unamused: us four (Fran, me, and the 2 dogs) thrive on it. And no vampire bites :laughing: .

Malc, short, polite, no details.

Salut, David.

no offence meant me duck :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Something along the lines of this maybe :-

Dear ,

As required by my contract of employment, I hereby give you week’s notice of my intention to leave my position as .

I have decided that is time to move on and have accepted a position elsewhere. This was not an easy decision and took lots of consideration.

Please be assured that I will do all I can to assist in the smooth transfer of my responsibilities before leaving.

I wish both you and every good fortune and would like to thank you for having me as part of the team.

Yours sincerely,

Short, sweet and should keep the bridges from combusting :smiley: :smiley:

in the early 90’s i worked for Kammac in Burscough, had loads of crap from them and resigned by telephone, the call went something like this " your wagons in milton keynes, stuff the job, see ya"

loved doing it like that, its nothing less than they deserved

i hereby give notice that i wish to terminate my contract of employment with your company as from (insert date) as per my conditions of employment regarding termination of contract.

you don’t have to give any reasons for leaving but you could offer thanks to them for employing you and ask for a reference for your future employment prospects.

:smiley: Text him your resignation. It’ll go down like a lead ballon. But at least you will look trendy. :sunglasses:

Malc,

Choose the wording that is ‘you’ as there’s no need to be any different to normal.

Remember the old saying “Always close a door quietly behind you, don’t slam it!”

Dear sir

Due to circumstances beyond my control, your services as an employer are no longer required from (insert date)

mind you, I do have a weird sense of humur :smiley:

Dear Sir, since you furnished us with these mickey mouse Volvos i’ve found it increasingly difficult to drive with a bag on my head. i therefore give notice to cease my employment with this company on the 1st april.
Really though i’d write something like this.
Dear Sir,
Due to changes in my personal circumstances i’am no longer able to hold down my position at this company, i therefore give notice to cease my employment on the 16th september 2005.
I have enjoyed my time here and wish all, the best for the future.
yours faithfully Malc W Nut
Breif to the point but with no animosity to the company or staff, thus leaving the door open to return, if they ask the reasons for leaving other than described, you can tell them that you need more income if you want, like you say their unlikely to offer more, but if they do be wary, this happened to me and i was persauded to stop where i was with the promise of more hours, when i told the prospective employer that i was not going to work for him after all, he got a bit shirty on the phone, so 6 mths later when it wasnt working out where i’d stayed, and i was looking for work that avenue was closed to me, and in hindsight i should’ve moved first time. so beware employers bearing gifts to stay :wink:

‘Switched On’ Managers, if they are any good, will now offer an ‘Exit’ interview. If you get the chance, take it.

It gives YOU greater cope for building a rapport should you ever consider returning, and for the Manager, he gets an unbiased insight into procedures, practises, or personnel, that may be in need of adjustment.

Best of luck.

:slight_smile:

Notice? What’s that :confused: Usually say ‘Stuff your job’ and leave :slight_smile:

Wheel Nut:

Thanks all

Im assuming that you are no longer with Transalliance and that you have switched from them to this company you now want to leave.

Just a word of advice, Xmas is a bad time in most industries to be looking for a Job, especially afterthe big day.

Heres a termination letter. You dont have to give reason just notice!Keep it simple!

Dear Sirs,

I hereby wish to give you {x} weeks notice to terminate my employent with {name of your firm}

After careful condiseration, I have decided that {yours reason(s) for leaving}

May I take this opportunity in thanking you and all involved in my employment here and I wish you all the very best for the future.

Yours

{Your Name}

Linux-user:
Something along the lines of this maybe :-

Dear ,

As required by my contract of employment, I hereby give you week’s notice of my intention to leave my position as .

I have decided that is time to move on and have accepted a position elsewhere. This was not an easy decision and took lots of consideration.

Please be assured that I will do all I can to assist in the smooth transfer of my responsibilities before leaving.

I wish both you and every good fortune and would like to thank you for having me as part of the team.

Yours sincerely,

Short, sweet and should keep the bridges from combusting :smiley: :smiley:

excellent short and sweet straight to the point excellent.

tc trans:
in the early 90’s i worked for Kammac in Burscough, had loads of crap from them and resigned by telephone, the call went something like this " your wagons in milton keynes, stuff the job, see ya"

loved doing it like that, its nothing less than they deserved

My dad did the same with Dukes except he left the wagon in Belgium!

My brothers used to work at Kammac during the 80s/90s too! Cant remember if Brian Kammal was still with Paul then at Kammac or was running Whiteline transport.

penfold:
Notice? What’s that :confused: Usually say ‘Stuff your job’ and leave :slight_smile:

SO WOT DO YOU DO ABOUT A REFERENCE THEN? Should never burn your bridges! You also breaking the terms of your employment and therefore jeopardising any notice pay that you could be owed.