Hanbury Davies

Does anyone know what Hanbury Davies are like to work for? I know the equipment is top notch, but are they o.k. otherwise. I have a chance of working for them.

Ted Glen worked for them, I dont know if he comes here anymore. Ive worked for them, but as a subbie’s driver. They did pretty well for me, but they really wernt my gaffer, the subby was. Thier blokes were being took on as cab-hoppers, I was offered this type of job, but refused it after thought.

we have a driver at freightliner in leeds who came from hanburys and said it was rubbish like leaving you in felixstowe when its winded off till sat afternoon and friday afternoon in isle of grain sending you to load in somerset then back to the isle of grain before reloading you for leeds he said he reguler didnt finish till sat late aft :cry: ernoon and then starting early monday. i wouldn work for them. :laughing:

jessicas dad:
isle of grain

where is that then■■?

Isle of Grain is in Kent, used to tip there when I was on tankers(35000 ton sea going type) :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I did a brief period for HD on container out of southampton.
Kit was ok, most likely to be a merc or man TGAXL.
Money was just under £400 in the bank i think for 4 nights out.
They have a lot of do’s and dont’s, you have to park in certain places, you have to inform them where you are parking etc etc.
No toys in the windows of the lorrys, wont run you bent, trucks are limited to 53mph, cant think of anything else, but they seemed ok to me!

On a slightly different note,I think North Surrey Haulage,subscriber to the forum,runs for them as an owner driver,so you may get a view from him.

Ken.

Thank’s for the info, think I will give it a miss.

Guy Rope:
Thank’s for the info, think I will give it a miss.

In that case I wont bother :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

What do you think, I’m not driving for them now…