Rhys Davies

Hi all,

Possible class 2 job with RHYS DAVIES FREIGHT LOGISTICS in the pipeline.

Anyone know what they’re like to work for etc?

Cheers for now!

I say just go for it, its all experience in the end.

Don’t know what they are like to work for but if you can drive without consideration for everybody else on the road you’re in for a good chance of getting a job !!!

Great community everybody says morning / good bye to everybody

Good place to work for, alot better than other possibilities, and sometimes long days,

But great benefits for long standing service, and good pay / bonus scheme, can walk away with up to 35% of daily pay roughly (according to some) which is good if you work ur round well.

Don’t know any of their lads but spoke to a couple of the gaffers, and both seemed thoroughly decent chaps.

Done a bit on the agency for them the other week, they keep asking for me back but I’m ■■■■■■■ elsewhere so must have done OK for them. I was class 1 but the class 2 looked to be basically pallet network deliveries / collections around a set ‘local’ area. It was similar on the artic (days) but just with bigger quantities. I done 4 to 7 deliveries a day before starting on collections. Some haz work involved such as bringing full loads out of firmin coates near middlewich back to the haydock base.

When I first went in on the first day I was there they gave me a shunting job (i hate shunting jobs) which involved me loading from a place 400 metres up the road and ferrying loads back and forth between the 2 places… They gave me this little beauty to do the work

(The guy phoned me 15 mins later saying he got my jobs mixed up as I was haz trained and put another agency guy on it. I’ve never seen anyone look so pee’d off or knackered at the end of a days work, he’d done 13 trailer loads from the loading point and was not seen again, nor was the lad they got the 2nd day either !)

The kit they had apart from this truck was decent though !