Norman offer southampton

anyone know anything about this firm they are after class 1 drivers

They were featured in one of the Trucking Mags a good few years ago, Neil. They sounded a good outfit to work for back then!! As I remember, he runs mauve (purple) outfits on a variety of work all in the UK. I still see his trucks about but not often. Encourages good workers as I recall … do the job and get on with it and you’ll do well there.

doesnt seem as if im gonna get that money then austin

They sponsor the Formula Ford Festival World Championship. I saw the article in the truck mag sometime back and they seemed to have good kit and were trianing drivers to class 1, but a mag is always going to show a featured haulage firm in a positive light.

They take on a fair bit of traction-only type work from Willi Betz and co. purely on the basis that a lot of foreign firms don’t realise you can’t go 44t on 5 axles in the UK…Norman Offers bail them out. You also see them doing a lot of the outsize containers through Pentalvers as well (Flatracks etc.), so there’s a reasonable amount of variety.

Beyond that, I can’t tell you much except that they run good kit and I’ve never heard anything bad about them on the docks - which is quite unusual for a Southampton container firm…I’m running out of there for the last time ( :grimacing: ) next week, however, so I’ll try and collar one of their drivers for you. :wink:

Same as Lucy, see them in the docks a lot, but have not heard anything bad about them. Don’t seem to have a large fleet or new vehicles and one or some left hookers…

Come on then Luce, whatve you heard bad about Hanburys running out of Southampton? :wink:

Ted Glen:
Come on then Luce, whatve you heard bad about Hanburys running out of Southampton? :wink:

Only what you’ve told me!!! :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

A guy that used to work for me, worked for them before going on to PJK European. He reckoned they were an OK firm to work for but thats when they did a lot of European. Dont know if they still do European now. But eh, what do you have to lose ? Try and it and see; Whats one mans cup of tea may not necessarily be yours and vice-versa!! :exclamation: