Had my driving assesment today class 2

i done pretty good but to close to the kerb sometimes, i thought the hardest part was getting used to the gears as when you change from 4th to 5th you have to nudge gear lever over to right then put in 5th when going back down nudge to left before dropping to 4th. like i say very first time i,ve drove a goods vehicle, have to do my theory in jan then start on my 7 days on feb 12th

The iveco i used for my class 2 had this gearbox. good when you get used to it.

Hi gothika :smiley:

It looks like you’ve got the hang of the “slapover” type gearbox, but here’s a topic that might help:
http://trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=24700
It will also help you if you decide to go for Cat C+E too :wink:
The author won’t mind if you post a comment on the end :wink:

Good luck with the training and test :smiley:

gothika:
i done pretty good but to close to the kerb sometimes, i thought the hardest part was getting used to the gears as when you change from 4th to 5th you have to nudge gear lever over to right then put in 5th when going back down nudge to left before dropping to 4th. like i say very first time i,ve drove a goods vehicle, have to do my theory in jan then start on my 7 days on feb 12th

Try this for some pre training tips HERE & Please leave a comment on the end of it once you’ve read it — thank you.

Are you on a 2 to 1 (3 in the cab), all day, seven day course with the test on day 7 :question:

i appreciate everyones help and think this forum is the bees knees superb thank you for taking time to help me out , i,v
e been driving for 32 years without an accident but theres loads to learn on lgv

gothika:
i appreciate everyones help and think this forum is the bees knees superb thank you for taking time to help me out , i,v
e been driving for 32 years without an accident but theres loads to learn on lgv

AH - so you are about 49+ - an old git like me :open_mouth: :wink: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

ROG:

gothika:

Try this for some pre training tips HERE & Please leave a comment on the end of it once you’ve read it — thank you.

Are you on a 2 to 1 (3 in the cab), all day, seven day course with the test on day 7 :question:

hi rog sorry just learning forum too, im one on one with the instructor terry sargent from sunderland 7 days learning then test with different bloke

hi rog sorry just learning forum too, im one on one with the instructor terry sargent from sunderland 7 days learning then test with different bloke

diff one for test day - no prob :smiley:

I ASSUME that you are doing a 4 hour AM or PM 7 day course…

ROG:

hi rog i think its 8 hours a day with him 8.00 am till 4.pm i heard he,s really good and today he told me he tested me today which was hard for my first time but i told him to be strict with me as i want to learn and pass 1st time so i can get working as i,ve been on sick for 8 years now and depressed sitting in house, want to get somewhere in life and i love driving, just trying to suss the hours out too

gothika:

ROG:

hi rog i think its 8 hours a day with him 8.00 am till 4.pm i heard he,s really good and today he told me he tested me today which was hard for my first time but i told him to be strict with me as i want to learn and pass 1st time so i can get working as i,ve been on sick for 8 years now and depressed sitting in house, want to get somewhere in life and i love driving, just trying to suss the hours out too

Please check with the school as that is the first 7 day, 8 hours a day course that I have ever heard of… :confused: :confused: :question: