Any Tips??

Hi Guys,

Just to ask if anyone has got any tips or advice for the LGV Class 2 practical.Im taking mine in Purfleet on Tuesday at 10:30 with Scania.

Many Thanks

Yup…
Make sure you pass :wink:

Sounds like you are mid-training?
Without any specific pointers as to where your particular strengths and weaknesses lay then it’s a tricky question.

Would def read Rog’s info page:

You can also, if feeling brave, try and pick bits that might help out of my Blog:

Good luck,
Jon

Try to relax, plenty of mirrors , don’t rush at roundabouts.
Good luck.

Yes don’t rush.

You’ll be given an independent drive at some point in your test - usually early on. Don’t panic and listen clearly to the examiners instructions.

If you have to stop at the roundabout by the Circus Tavern/Esso then use your handbrake. As long as you’re ok moving off you shouldn’t roll back! I thought I’d failed my C test at that roundabout!

If you’ve got Colin he might take you for a cuppa at the little wagon near their base before the test.

Are you doing any training between now and then? I assume your using the opticruise lorry. How you finding it?

Yeah ive got a session on monday and then a couple of hours tuesday before the test.Ive found the opticruise alrite actually to be honest,took a little while to get used to but all good now.
I do think it is a little tricky having the clutch pedal there but all in all a really nice truck.I had Matt for my assesssment and found him really good so i stuck with him for my training.
Yeah the independent driving is worrying me slightly as i really dont no the area,plus dont wanna get marked or fail on the speed limits around the area.

Heres to hoping i get an easy test route.lol

Honestly mate you’ve nothing to worry about. Your examiner will say something like “I want you to follow the signs for Romford” and he’ll drop a road in there too so all you’ll have to look for is a sign that says “Romford and A(whatever it is)” and get in the right lane to follow that.

With regards to the speed limits, you’ll find that for the most part they are all clearly signed but just keep the speed limits for the class of vehicle in mind for single and dual carriageway roads.

As I said you’ve really got nothing to be concerned about. Of course you’re going to have test nerves but as long as you listen to what the examiner is telling you to do you’ll have no issues.

One last tip: make sure you have breakfast on test day. Nothing too heavy but at least then you won’t be thinking about your empty stomach come test time!

Having taken 2 tests with a manual (and failed) I went for an auto for test 3 & the difference was amazing! No more fumbling with gears on approach, no hi-lo range change issues and I could relax coming up to roundabouts. Worked a dream as I passed 3rd time with just 2 minors :laughing: …however, I appreciated the time on manuals so that when I drive in the real world I will be prepared - well ish :unamused: