Had my 1st blow out yesterday on m1

just going past j15a in lane 2 to let traffic on then , a tyre went pop, well it was more of a big bang… unit started to shake a little, ok maybe a lot… managed to get into lane 1 again then on hard shoulder…just as wheel locked up , then noticed the 2nd drive n/s tyre had gone… anyhow got out and rang gaffer… then they was a massive bang and my trl moved, some prick with a blue container, must have somehow hit my trl, while been well over the hard shoulder white line!! my wheels were at least a foot into the hard shoulder, anyhow he pulled up about 600meters down the road, didnt see anyone coming down to see what he/ she had done!! then hato pulled up, as they pulled up the nob drove off… still not 100% sure what he hit or how he did it, but they is a little rip in the rubber at the top of the trl…
then the tyre fella comes out, to me at 6-45ish with no torch!!! another nite out was needed as i couldnt get back to yard… so 4 nites out this week for a day driver :laughing:

Unlucky trucker. :laughing:

If you carried a spare you could have changed it yourself.

The tyre fitter sounds a right numpty. Erm it’s dark out there best not take a torch.

unlucky mate :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

Should have spoke to the HATO on scene, all our cars carry Panther search lights :wink:

The Highway Man:
Should have spoke to the HATO on scene, all our cars carry Panther search lights :wink:

Why do you want to look for panthers? You’re supposed to be watching the road. :laughing:

:open_mouth:
Just goes to show that the hardshoulder is NOT as safe as you think !
:cry: Bad luck mate , pity you didnt get the reg` no of the truck that clipped you.

Too many times have i seen folks ride over the rumble strip and run the shoulder for a spell, Disaster waiting to happen. :open_mouth:

Hope your 1st HATO experience was a good un too :wink:
Dont forget to leave your feedback 08457 50 40 30

HATO left after they knew i had called for help…
they rang me bout a hour later, then about 90mins after that… even wished me goodnite :laughing: not been a big fan of hato before, but have a bit more respect for em now :blush:

:smiley: Cool ,
I`me sure your appreciation will be passed on . :wink:

eccleshall driver:
HATO left after they knew i had called for help…
they rang me bout a hour later, then about 90mins after that… even wished me goodnite :laughing: not been a big fan of hato before, but have a bit more respect for em now :blush:

ive definatley had no problems with hato as they do a good job and if you dont break the law you dont have a problem.

im going to read the hato thread when i have a spare 2 hours :laughing:

Unlucky mate blowouts are scary, had one on a trailer once, unbelievable noise. Terrified of having one on front axle

Had one go on the front axle once. Offside. Bottom of Keele bank with 26 ton on the back doing around 100k’s. Bloody woke me up let me tell you! You gotta hang on! Good job there was nobody in lane 2. Brought it to a halt right under J15. ATS turned up, phoned HATO and said i want lane 1 coned off. HATO duly arrive and cone off the lane, (this was about 7pm on a friday) Tyre fitter starts and next thing i hear is a screech followed by a crunch. A foreigner took out a car while moving to lane 2. So the queue got even worse. I was Mr. Popular that day!

I’ve probably had fifteen or twenty over the years.

Harry Monk:
I’ve probably had fifteen or twenty over the years.

what crashes?? :laughing: :laughing:

i have only had the one that i can remember, scared the life out of me, and the car going the other way, was single lane a road, cant remember the number, heading to nwf’s at bougheys yard near wardle. luckily it was the trailer lift axle, so although i was loaded, lifted it and done the last mile to there, got tipped and got it changed

Why is it beyond science to have a tyre with honeycomb cells inside so that blow outs are impossible!!!

I remember my first one she wouldnt do anything until I told her I love her then it was all hell after that…