GYM Membership**Mods T&D MAN**

Ok so in responce to one of the threads on here which has turned into a size issue and dress code type thread, do the lovely people at T&D think it would be possible to attain a discount for the readers with one of the massive gym chains?? Say maybe Uncle Duncan (Bannatyne) this may or may not make people go to the gym more often. i used to be a member but it is hard to go when working so if they offered a heavy discount for the drivers would you join and more importantly would you set aside some free time and use it??

Thanks Guys and Gals… :confused:

No
No
and lastly, no.

berewic:
No
No
and lastly, no.

I guess that’s a big fat NO from Berewic then?? :laughing:

berewic wrote:No
No
and lastly, no.

I guess that’s a big fat NO from Berewic then?? :laughing:

Is that a definite NO? Or could you be on the fence with it? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I would love to have the time and money to use a gym. I am not over weight much just a beer belly for years of abuse down the pub :stuck_out_tongue:
I think it is important to exercise and I enjoy it but the time is not there anymore, I used to play squash which keeps you slim and fit but I cant predict where I will be one day to the next it changes so much so a gym membership would be ideal as I could go on the way home from work :slight_smile:
In all honesty though its never gonna happen :frowning:

Heard a rumour from my mate who mates,dad’s,uncles, brothers, dad’s friend who best friends with some guys dad who sometimes talk aload of crap but this time he is being serious that truck drivers that go to the gym will soon be forced to complete a tacho chart showing the ‘other work’ to comply with the updated WTD and tacho laws as it is soon to be classed as “other work”" thanks to an EU ruling.

As the EU pen pushers have decided you are infact “working out” at the gym and its not REST :exclamation: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

They are also debating that if you are not actually in your bed RESTING or sitting in your arm chair your not RESTING at all, something simple like going to the toilet may soon be classed as other work :exclamation: no doubt coffeeholic or geebee45 will be long shortly to explain this more and the implications to go with it :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

Personally I never have the spare time to go to the gym, the job i do driving trucks also includes manaul labour lifting etc so i see every day as going to they gym and getting paid for it :exclamation:

in the words of Duncan himself

no and for that reason I’m ooot :smiley:

ok so I’m a tad on the porky side at the mo but the rabbit food diet is working and get more than enough exercise when i’m helping to hand ball several tonnes of steel tubing off the back of the wagon at one of my regular drops and then theres the walk I always go when I’m parked up for the night before having my dinner but pay money to go to a gym your having a laugh ( ye gods my scottishness is coming out)

I hate it when berewic sits on the fence not deciding his opinion on matters sometimes.

In reply to the o/p nice thought but I really don’t see it happening these business types want money not numbers[of members] and for that reason, you’re fired

{Sir Sugar might not have a gym but Bannatyne’s catchphrase was already used}

Taxi!!!

Ok so I got fired I will go join the out of work club then eh??

Ah well it was just a thought as we are all moaning and going on about getting the industry more professional ect, I find the EU a load of ■■■■■■■■ and wish we could leave it all behind and get on with it but then I read a post about Mr Kydd and have read the whole report which is a bit exhaustive in my opinion but I ask “where will we all end up??”

Good luck and safe treckings to you all for the future I am still looking for a f/t job but there is sod all about.

Bored now…where’s that bloody taxi?? :laughing:

Why spend an arm and a leg joining a gym you 'ent never going to use? The last time I joined a gym, I paid for an assessment with a trainer and 1yrs subscription and didn’t set foot in the place again.
I have a set of weights at home and if I feel like going mad, I will pump some iron for a bit.
The only advantage of going to a gym is if it’s full of hot totty :sunglasses: but with the way things have been going in this country since NuLiebour got in, it’s more likely to be full of benders. :open_mouth: :confused:

i would love to be able to go to the gym… especailly as i have free membership but im absolutly knackered when i get home and time ive helped clare get the girls to bed its gone 8 oclock and im normally up at 3.30am so the gym is last thing im thinking about doing.

:neutral_face: :neutral_face: :neutral_face:

Some of the lads I work with use the local gym, the deal seems pretty good for them. They pay a few month membership, but it’s suspennded if they can’t make it for a while.
As for national gym membership. well it wouldn’t really help me and to be honest when I was tramping, all I had time for in the evening was eat and sleep and shower if I was really lucky enough to stop somewhere with the facilities. Did used to use and gym at weekends, but that was to use the climbing wall.

Drivers who tramp around do have access to gyms, in nearly every town they stop in there is always the local authority gym and swimming pool, some even have somewhere to eat ! The last one I stopped at only charged me £1.80 that was for a swim and use of the showers, and it had a nice little cafe in it. It was only 5 mins off the M25.
Do a bit of research and you will be surprised what you find.