Staff Gym

The company I work for now are relocating soon and have asked us to fill out a questionnaire about what Gym equipment we want at the new site.

As someone who uses a gym when I can this is going to become quite convenient.

I’m just wondering if anyone else has such luxury at their work place and if so do you use it?

Is It a good move by the company?

Should more companies offer this incentive to it’s work force especially truckers who are known for being unfit and overweight lol

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

It’s a good idea and provided by the better employers such as Royal Mail, John Lewis and others. It would help if you were working somewhat less than max hours in order to take advantage of the facilities.

JaxDemon:
Should more companies offer this incentive to it’s work force especially truckers who are known for being unfit and overweight lol

The company I worked for a couple of years ago, provided use of Gym, personal trainer and physiotherapist in work time. :wink:

You can offer the facility, but if people don’t already use a Gym are they likely to use one just because it’s at work?

And as as Tiredandemotional says if you’re working max hours, is going to the Gym going to be your main priority when you’ve finished your shift?

For me max hours I’d more then likely use cause the new place is like a 2 min drive from my home so for me it’s convienent but for others with longer commutes I can’t see them using. Office staff will be in it no doubt though

Yep far more of benefit for those who are working on site and normal hours.

waste of time, novelty will wear off after a month and it will all be left gathering dust :laughing:

My moms in the Police and I have access to a gym in the local station that opened nearly 10 years ago, some of the equipment was still wrapped up when I first went in! :laughing:

Yes we have a staff gym at work and no I don’t use it. :blush:

maga:
waste of time, novelty will wear off after a month and it will all be left gathering dust [emoji38]

My moms in the Police and I have access to a gym in the local station that opened nearly 10 years ago, some of the equipment was still wrapped up when I first went in! [emoji38]

That would be like Christmas for me having unwrapped gym equipment especially after my missus forced me to sell my stuff because she wanted a frigging dining table in the room haha

Someone suggested a gym for our place too. We’ve got plenty of space upstairs in the unused office space, so the company looked into it but turns out the floor would need strengthened. So that idea was put to bed. We don’t generally do loads of hours so it would have been something I’d have considered using after work. Plus I could be doing with loosing a few pounds!! [emoji44]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Screwfix have one in Stafford

Ask for them to put a pallet truck in there with an IBC filled with water…

Enjoy! [emoji14]

Or, 2 pallets and 40 bags of sand!

Who the ■■■■■ Jim? :grimacing:

No chance of a gym with my lot, at our head depot especially. :unamused:
They have not even got a proper civilized drivers toilet, it’s a portaloo, …or as I prefer to call it a ‘’ ■■■■ insult’’ :smiling_imp:

don’t know if they still have it but saints transport in colnbrook berks had a nice one,all modern equipment.

Would be a brilliant idea for RDC’s together with clean showers and clean facilities.
Instead of waiting your life away, you could be active and clean.

Some of my customers have gym, steam rooms and subsidised canteen with healthy choices, but sadly mostly are based abroad.
The thought of a healthy mind in a healthy body is not a popular one within the Haulage industry.
It’s more one of numbers and bums on the seats.
If a company was genuine interested in his staff ( like in the past ) the industry could be so much better.

Bring back roping and sheeting.
That’ll get the tubbies sweating. …

I wonder if the gym equipment they’re considering is portable enough to fit in a Lidl carrier bag.

Evil8Beezle:
Or, 2 pallets and 40 bags of sand!

No one would touch it!

We had, and I used, one at Safeway at Welwyn. And there’s one at most Sainsbury’s sites. As previously mentioned, it’s the better employers that provide such things. I’d use it in an instant if our lot had one

Great idea and good to think the company is looking to its workers health.
If they want ideas-
weight bench with incline/decline
dumbells 7.5kg- 40kg
pec dec machine
E-Z bar for curls
Some type of pull down machine for lats/ triceps
leg press
leg extension machine
running machine
rowing machine

Only the basics but with that little lot you can do most excercises and its not likely to break the bank either…