Do you work out / exercise?

Curious.

Curiouser and curiouser

Due to the nature of the job many will find it difficult to find time for serious exercise, I’ve gone from 5 morning gym sessions a week to 2 at the weekend, mixing cardio with weights. But unless you spend less time in the cab, and get mobile I doubt that you will succeed in your goal

Ye only because the robbing MSAs always put the truck parking miles from the foodcourt.

By the time I limp to mcdonalds I’m exhausted.

I watched a Stan Robinson driver using dumbbells and doing press ups on toddington services ,he must like the smell of pi$$ :laughing:

All the time, I jump to conclusions and often leap to others defence.

I personally may be a rarity in this industry as try to exercise 3 to 4 times a week I mainly run trail running/fell running is my love but also cycle shoot me down in flames ! :laughing: I also find it a good way to get away from the job and the everyday world I’ve been doing this for 10 years now it really slightly concerns me and the lack of fitness and health some drivers seem to have at the moment ! And the state of some drivers health out there but I think there’s more of us than u realise especially with exercise groups like truckers who run on Facebook which is a really good group for all forms of exercise not just running .

Yes I do exercise even when away loads you can do have some weights resistance bands etc due to injury I cant run but do walk a bit also swim as said some good groups ie Truckers who run on facebook but not just for runners

although I work days I will always try and either run or cycle before work then swim or hit the gym after work but as my job can involve lots of packing jobs from 25l x150 of solvents to lifting and shifting fridges to moving 205l drums some days I am to knackerd after a 2 hour 4 ton packing job to do anything after work but I think I have done enough work to justify not doing anything in the evening

Well, lets just say they don’t call me the human forklift

Ever.

Started doing parkruns again and longer dog walks. I’m single so the gut’s got to go. I’ve been down this healthy lifestyle road before and I did find being slim and healthier improved my mood, gave me more energy… it generally improved my wellbeing. But it’s just so easy to slim down, think “I’ve done it” and eat it all back, which is what I did, fell right back in to the fast food trap and putting my feet up. Weight can go on very easily especially when you’re a bus/truck driver.

This topic is about exercise but putting it in to context, exercise is only 20%, diet is 80% when wishing to get in shape.

I’ve been walking the 12.5 mile circuit of Loch Leven, once a week. Quickest time so far is 3hrs 3minutes, I’d like to break three hours if I can.

I’ve signed myself up to do the Edinburgh Kiltwalk again this year. A 24 mile charity fund raising walk, shorter distances are available on the same walk.
Other Kiltwalks in other Scottish cities are also available at various times through the year, all run in a similar way.

You register with The Kiltwalk people, who organise the actual walks, have refreshment and comfort facilities set up, marshalling, signage etc.
They also supply you with your own on-line fund raising page.
There is a registration fee.

You can raise funds for any charity you like.
Most major charities have had funds raised through the Kiltwalk in the past, so when you start typing in the name it comes up.
If not, you have to supply some details about the charity during the registration process.

I signed up for it last year, possibly alcohol had an influence.
I had to do something to make sure I would be able to do the walk without making a complete fool of myself. So I started doing a lap of Loch Leven once a week, that’s 12.5 miles.
The first lap took me almost 3hrs 30 minutes, and several days to recover (I had to put a foot on the bunk and lean on it to get a sock on).
Subsequent laps got quicker and recovery time reduced to hours rather than days.
After last years walk I had the intention of continueing with the walking, it never happened. There was always something else I had to do rather than spend 3 hours walking.
So I’ve signed up for this years walk as I seem to need the extra incentive of a real goal, rather than the more vague ‘keeping myself in decent nick’ goal.

Here’s the link to my Kiltwalk fund raising page, it’s only 2 weeks away now, so please be generous. ~ [u]My Kiltwalk page[/u]
Just click on the big green “give now” button.
I’m raising funds for Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance this year. These are the people who will come to whisk you away to hospital, if you should need them in Scotland. Entirely charity funded, as are most air ambulances. Here’s a link to their site ~ Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance if you’d like to check them out.

I try to walk as much as possible, parking as far away as I can from truckstops etc. I have lost a load of fat, not weight recently after I switched from pulling box vans to a low loader and chaining the loads down, definitely feels like I have more energy and I’m sleeping much better. I have a bullworker in the truck, although I have yet to use it, but one of my daughters is getting married in Mexico next February and I want to be able to lay on the beach without fear of being harpooned, so I’ll have to put that to work soon in order to get myself a beach bod.

Try to run 12-15 miles a week, with a few walks thrown in too.

Just last week I loaded up at the creamery in Hawes. Once loaded I parked up in their yard and had quick 2 mile walk before heading back.

When parked in the services, if there is an access road that leads out to a lane, I will walk down there for 30/45 minutes rather than sit in the cab. If not I’ll walk round the perimeter.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Yes, can be really tricky if away all wk, but usually on a wk try & get a swim & cycle & a weights session in, boxing club is trickier due to times but ideally that too, don’t run much anymore but do occasionally, have done a couple of triathlons & quite enjoy it.

If away a full wk I’ll def have a few long walks, have also taken my bike a couple of times when I know I’ll be sat a couple of days & often if I’m in a hotel for that, I’ll use their gym.

On the summer euro runs I like a swim in lakes & rivers or sea etc, so have done the Med on Athens runs, Fjords & sea on Norway & Sweden ones, have swum in most of the Northern Italian lakes & Swiss ones too, various French & Swiss rivers & lakes, even had a cracking swim in the bay at St Tropez after a delivery.

I cycle to work 8 months of the year, 8.7 miles each way, 2 times a day, 5 days aweek.

Takes me around 40-50mins, and im a big person!

the maoster:
All the time, I jump to conclusions and often leap to others defence.

I regularly push my luck and occasionally pull a fast one.

I drive a 7.5T flatbed and half my work is handball, lost a stone in the last year and built up my arm muscles.

buying one of these and filling it in really helped me with weight loss amazon.co.uk/Diet-Doodle-Di … way&sr=8-1