Drivers who've shed weight while working for T&D! *grins*

Now then. :grimacing:

I lost 6 stone when I was tramping on container work so I know it can be done and I know I’m not the only one to have done it. Unfortunately I can’t get away with writing about myself for a Truck & Driver feature on the subject I’ve been asked to do - which is probably just as well - so I need to persuade some of my fellow ex-whales to help out instead. :stuck_out_tongue:

You don’t need to be skinny as a strap now, nor do you need to have been bigger than your wagon in the first place, just successful in parting with 3 or more stone while driving full time. Before and after pictures will, needless to say, be appreciated, though aren’t compulsory. :open_mouth:

If you’re up for it, either post below so I can contact you by PM or, probably better, either PM me on here or email lucy@truck.net . If you fit into the criteria above but aren’t up for it pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese can you change your mind? You can have copy approval on your section if that’d make you feel better, so nothing will be printed you won’t have seen first. :wink:

Yours hopefully…Ex Massive Munter. :blush:

I’ve lost 3 stone since September after leaving tramping, but your husband doesn’t like me. :wink:

You could’ve thought of a more polite title for the thread :unamused:

I could, Pierre, but that wouldn’t really have been very “me” or very “TruckNet”, would it? To be honest I did try, but every version I came up with sounded patronising or so boring no-one’d click on it - which you did on this one, if only to complain! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Big Vern, unlike Rikki when he has to review what’s printed on here I have the luxury of writing up what’s going to be published in T&D myself BEFORE anyone else sees it, so I can make sure it doesn’t get either of us in any trouble. Email me, eh? Fanks. :wink:

Ok. So. I’ve made it a bit “nicer”. Now come on lads, 'fess up - come forward and be proud! :sunglasses:

Lucy:
I could, Pierre, but that wouldn’t really have been very “me” or very “TruckNet”, would it? To be honest I did try, but every version I came up with sounded patronising or so boring no-one’d click on it - which you did on this one, if only to complain! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Big Vern, unlike Rikki when he has to review what’s printed on here I have the luxury of writing up what’s going to be published in T&D myself BEFORE anyone else sees it, so I can make sure it doesn’t get either of us in any trouble. Email me, eh? Fanks. :wink:

Everyone clicks when a Treat is from You :exclamation:

Thank you please.

I lost a car off the back of my lorry, lost about a tonne and a half :smiley: :smiley: ill get my coat

… wife:- ‘’ did the earth move for you love’'?

…me:- ‘’ yeh, when you jumped into bed ‘’ :smiley: :smiley:

I was diagnosed with bowel cancer in march14 but weighing in at just short of 26 stone I was too large to operate on so was offered and accepted weightloss surgery to lose as much weight as I could, I had the operation in may and in 7 months lost 8 stone reducing my size to allow cancer surgery to take place in December 14, lost 2 more stone in the 3 months of recovery taking my total loss to 10 stone which has platoed out now.
I never thought how much being 26 stone affected everyday life till I Lost the weight, can now move about more freely instead of being out of breath after a walk the length of the trailer, being able to climb into and out of the trailer with ease.

Thanks guys… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Scotstrucker, sounds bob on - could you email your number to lucy@truck.net and we’ll sort out when to have a chat. Cheers! :grimacing:

Good for you Scotstrucker, keep at it,good health to you.