greg50

you didnt do a small stint of work for port logistics did u and headleys on the bulk tippers?? and you are irish??

jus i know a greg who worked for port log who is a taxi driver now !

got it in 1 mark.
your the mechanic…am i right?

bloody tipper drivers :unamused:

greg50:
got it in 1 mark.

haha yerr i was, now driver piloting the green sparks topline !!

hows things?

beattun:

i did a fair bit of tipping work brian.
its hard work,who ever called the easy sheet by that name was deluded.iv never had such a luxury.
the dust is another problem,as well as smoking to many cigarettes,no good for the lungs.
did you have any more problems in that mill?
give me the fridge anytime,

mark h:

greg50:
got it in 1 mark.

hows things?

you earn your money in that yard mark.
i saw joe driving one of the sparks trucks the other day,he was well out of his boundary as well.i forget where,but it wasnt in the industrial estate.
i was suprised…
i cant say i miss it.i hate all the dropping trailers especially when some of the legs are bent,or in the case of the black volvo,the air suspension isnt working.
thats why i always stuck to the continent,usually good gear and drop the trailer once a week.
and of course,just open the side of a tautliners or back doors.
i do prefer fridge work though.
some of the deliveries can be at funny times,but you get used to that.
you could go to work in your suday bests on fridgework.
i will stick at this taxi work until she gets sick of me in the house every night,then i am back out again…thats if theres any jobs with all this present doom and gloom.
the chap i was working for bought 10 new scanias and 15 trailers last jan.i hope he is solvent enough to hang onto them in this difficult time.#i have plans for january to go back down the road for while.

He might 'nt want you back Greg,your wage expectations could be too high thanks to the lucritive taxi business.

greg50:

beattun:

its hard work,who ever called the easy sheet by that name was deluded.iv never had such a luxury.
the dust is another problem,as well as smoking to many cigarettes,no good for the lungs.

hope you didnt drive like all the other tipper drivers! (tongue in cheek people, lets not start fighting again)

the mill thing is all cool now greg, see the other thread for update)

beattun:

greg50:

beattun:

hope you didnt drive like all the other tipper drivers! (tongue in cheek people, lets not start fighting again)

here we go again slagging tipper drivers off, just cos you cant do it.

164480:

beattun:

greg50:

beattun:

here we go again slagging tipper drivers off, just cos you cant do it.

:sunglasses:

nor tankers, or blowers :sunglasses:

greg50:

mark h:

greg50:
got it in 1 mark.

hows things?

you earn your money in that yard mark.
i saw joe driving one of the sparks trucks the other day,he was well out of his boundary as well.i forget where,but it wasnt in the industrial estate.
i was suprised…
i cant say i miss it.i hate all the dropping trailers especially when some of the legs are bent,or in the case of the black volvo,the air suspension isnt working.

haha im used to now dropping trailers left right and centre,
yer joe is driving the other topline his is a disgrace mine is spotless well i try to keep it clean you know what the yard is like,

the legs are bending because he drops the trailers too low, i dont have skids on my unit so i struggle to get under them in the yard sumtimes, its still the same since you left same places same faces but i dont mind it i just like winding cliffy up cause he wants the topline instead of the globetrotter hahah

yes mark,i couldnt see joe being to bothered about polish and cloths…its a waste of time in that yard with the dust in the dry weather and mud in the wet weather.
i wonder what would davy forde do if he was there.
he wouldnt work,hed be too busy cleaning the truck cab with a toothbrush.

ellies dad:
He might 'nt want you back Greg,your wage expectations could be too high thanks to the lucritive taxi business.

i juust did a few weeks for this guy in liverpool matt.
due to the long delays in liverpool docks during the day,he had 2/3 of us going in at night…6 boxes in and 6 out.
its was all a challenge,there was no queue,but you still had to contend with the crane drivers breaks,and the office as well,they didnt take them similtainiously.
we only wanted to get them dosne as quick as possible.
when we got to the yard in kirkby,the trailers were all reversed in leaving only inches between them.
i had a black f12 volvo,the hand control unit for the air suspension wasnt working.
no prob dropping trls,but when i tried to get under the loaded ones and no room to wind the trl handle.
and i couldnt rise the trl up.
i was glad when it finished.i wasnt offered a full time job there,nor did i ask for one.
i woudlnt take on ajob like that full time.its ok for a week or 2.
for me,if i am driving lorries,i prefer the continent.
thats the only full time type of job i woiuld take on.
the taxi is ok far a while,she wasnt too happy with me back on the continent,she will get sick of me hanging aroud the house soon,and i am going back out in jan,once the work is there.

be back in a proper truck again.

greg50:
yes mark,i couldnt see joe being to bothered about polish and cloths…its a waste of time in that yard with the dust in the dry weather and mud in the wet weather.
i wonder what would davy forde do if he was there.
he wouldnt work,hed be too busy cleaning the truck cab with a toothbrush.

haha before i passed my test he used to have us bring his trailer out on to the road for him so he wudnt have to go into the yard, my wagon is gleaming i washed her before, i jus have to dodge the puddles and drive slow out the yard, wen u see mine n joe’s wagons his looks 10years older than mine haha its filthy but he is the boss so he can do what he wants !