waaaaahaaaayyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: start a new job thursday driving tippers couldnt have come at a better time :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

NICE ONE MEZ
Have you drove tippers before :question:
Ive been driving them now for about 2 years and its great fun especailly when its been raining and the qurries are like swamps.
Im doing muckshifting at the minute, its not the most glamourous of jobs but the monies great and im home every night.
Who you working for and what sort of tipper work do they do :question:
If you havnt drove tippers before m8 dont hesatate asking ill try my best to help you.

well done m8 :wink: :wink: :wink: just a couple of tips

them things at the rear of yer truck are called indicators,it’s traditional to use them to let other road user’s know that you intend to turn R or L…oh and it’s nice if we can see them.ie wash the dam mud off them :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: good luck m8 :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

i nearly forgot please ensure that there are no stones in between yer tyre’s as i found out to the cost of a new windscreen last week thanks to a malcolm’s tipper :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

congrats, how long has it been since you’ve worked? two months? i’ve drivin those things before too. if you’ve never done it before, pay attention and ask lots of questions. it’s easy to put a heavy vehicle on its side in the soft earth.

oh and it’s nice if we can see them.ie wash the dam mud off them

HA HA I remember when i started at my place on the 8 wheelers and asked the gaffer where and when do we wash the wagons, his reply was dont worry about that , we do them the day before they go in for there MOT, he’s now handed me the keys to a brand new scanny 8 wheeler because i take so much pride in washing it down every other day, get the usual stick of the other jelous drivers though about the novelty wearing off after 6 months, little do they know it wont and if all tipper drivers took this approach maybe we wouldnt have such a bad name

oooh… Tippers :smiling_imp:
Immune from speed limits, or other good driving standards… or they are if you drive like the rest of them :stuck_out_tongue:

Ok
Things to watch:
Loads where the weight isn’t even - frequent on shifting β– β– β– β– β– β– β– β–  or waste. Watch those on corners and when tipping. Don’t want to lay it over.
Dodgy ground when tipping. If the wagon does stuff you don’t want it to, put the thing in gear and SHIFT.
Sheet the thing if you have anything loose inside. Keep an eye on tires and the chassis. Lift the body, it makes that easier. Off road work is tough on everything. Careful openning the back up, and keep the back door thingy clean or it won’t close right.

Well done mate!!! :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
A deffinate skill I have the utmost respect for tipper drivers I tried it and bottled it. :cry:
Best of luck with the new job. :laughing:

well done mezz best of luck with the muck :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Good luck m8…most things have been covered…but…make sure you close the tailboard before loading…always carry a scraper for clearing the rear end…watch out for leaking oil from the rams…dont tip on uneven ground…keep a close watch on your tyres
have a nice day

them things at the rear of yer truck are called indicators,it’s traditional to use them to let other road user’s know that you intend to turn R or L…oh and it’s nice if we can see them.ie wash the dam mud off them good luck m8

FPMSL. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Ken.

Well done mezzzz1211 and good luck and keep us
posted please :smiley: .

:smiley: indi wot ? :smiley: lol
cheers for the tips chaps
no i havent driven tippers before ,but i know how hard it is ,just hope i dont do something stupid :blush:
ive only seen 1 of the wagons and that was an M ish fl10 old but looked ok :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Just remember your only driving a truck the diffrence comes when your unloading and where your unloading.
Have a look on new and wannabe drivers and search for β€œfirst day as a tipper driver”, theres some good tips on there that ive wrote, hope they help.
Also dont go into it hoping not to do something stupid else you will be on edge all the time and thats when something stupid is likely to happen, just keep cool and drive it like any other wagon, but dont indicate or brake thats in our specail highway code :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Watch out for overhead wires as well
Guy got kill at a quarry near me when he tipped and touch a overhead cable.
Good Luck

I’ve been on tippers for about 3 weeks now and I’m loving every minute of it. As has been suggested, check out β€œfirst day as a tipper driver” I asked the question and got the answers.

Don’t worry about damaging the wagon cos it is an occupational hazzard, just don’t do it all the time!

Best of all, enjoy yourself

Stuart

when i was on the tippers no1 rule, look after yourself
watch when you go onto building sites and they tell you they want
the load over there and its a muck hole and uneven tell him no.
politly tell him its not safe and you cant tip there :unamused: and if you get
any [zb] tip it youself and sign the line and put under a stone at the top of the pile .done tipper work for six years and got away with that one all the time
but what a dirty job and treated like crap especialy from other lgv drivers
who think tippers are the bottom end of the league

Charles, if it needs the little starry things, then it’s not allowed as a general guide. Lib :wink:.

If you’re working out of quarries and loading tar, check to see how many drops it will take to load you.
A few years ago when I was doing some tipping work, most quarries would take three or four drops from the hopper to load you. I went to a new quarry sitting under the hopper quite happily waiting to be loaded and it all came out in the one drop. I had to move quick to move the truck to distribute the load.
Also make sure you are definately loaded before you move out of the hopper as I heard of one guy that thought he was finished and started to drive off (he had to reverse out to get to the product test bays) and they dropped a couple of tonnes of hot tar onto his cab!!!

hmm,tippers,
oh the joys of some β– β– β– β– β– β– β– β–  shovel driver talking to you like your a piece of crap at seven in the morning :frowning:
most important rule,if it looks soft and theres nothing big enough to pull you out then don’t go on!

On a site in Newark today shifting muck away, we had the maddest
loader ever as we have high sides and he did not like this,he said tell
your boss if we are on this job 2morrow he will damage the lorries while
loading us, so we did and now on a different job.

Congratulations on the job Mezzz.