Great Agency Start...!

Had a call earlier from one of the agencies that I have registered with asking if I would be interested in doing a day tomorrow of Class 1 driving, I accepted and they said they would call me back shortly with times etc…

Anyway, I waited an hour for a call back and after hearing nothing I called them back on both numbers I had, only to find out their office is closed! Great start to the agency!

Cheers!!!

Welcome to agency driving fella, you’ll get this ■■■■ pretty regular, I’m sure I look 10yrs older than I did when I started (3 yrs ago). Turds!

Thats another lesson learned.
Never turn down a direct offer of work because your waiting for another agency to call back to confirm.

Of course, Murphy’s Law states that if you accept another job, the 1st one will phone back to confirm those job details. :smiley:

Agreed, first come (with an actual job, not a maybe) first served. BUT you’ll find the more things you do to an agency that they don’t like, the more they’ll do to you that YOU don’t like, it ends up being quite a juggling act :unamused: one that I’ve still not mastered.

WHY do every 1 want to do agency.?
because no 1 wants to go up there road!?

Don’t worry I received a letter from an Agency saying they are terminating my employment as they haven’t assigned me anything for 8 weeks!

rubberduck10.4:
WHY do every 1 want to do agency.?
because no 1 wants to go up there road!?

English please?

Agency’s a stop-gap and in many cases the only way around the “2yrs experience” catch 22

lol sorry mate .
it just looks like every 1 on this site who is just starting out are looking 4 egency work

rubberduck10.4:
lol sorry mate .
it just looks like every 1 on this site who is just starting out are looking 4 egency work

That is because some of us have already got other non-driving full time jobs :wink:

Simon:
Thats another lesson learned.
Never turn down a direct offer of work because your waiting for another agency to call back to confirm.

Of course, Murphy’s Law states that if you accept another job, the 1st one will phone back to confirm those job details. :smiley:

That is very good advice, and very very applicable. You will soon learn to take every call tongue in cheek. If had a fiver for every caller thank rang and would ring me back later. I wouldnt need to work ! :wink:

Thankfully I have a job lined up when my ADR certificates come back so I can leave the job I am in and start straight off, the joys of knowing the right people!

Wont have to rely on ‘helpful’ agencies any more then!