Great advice

Hi all,
I have just passed my class 2 test and wish i had discovered this site alot earlier! The advice posted on here is fantastic. I intend to do my artic test as soon as i possibly can and hope i get a job driving ! I was made redundant and used the small payout i recieved to get my licence. I am in no way ignorant of the knockbacks i will get along the way, but im not doing this for the money, it is a life long dream that is finally comming true.
I failed my test the first time due to nerves and the pressure i put on myself to pass 1st time, as i knew i couldnt progress to my dream without passing class 2 first, having passed i feel a weight has been lifted of my shoulders as there is only one more test to go and no matter whether i pass or fail no way am i giving up now !!!
Thanks again to all for their fantastic posts on this forum

Congrats on the pass mate.

I passed my C and C+E about 2 months ago and I had my first interview yesterday so it will happen you just need to keep at it with the visits and phone calls to different companies.

I too was made redundant and had my training funded. Did you look into doing that rather than paying for it your self?

:smiley: :smiley:

Hi
No i didnt know that i could get funding for training ! :open_mouth: I had the chance to stay in work and relocate or redundancy, i have to admit it was a really easy decision as i always knew driving was what i had wanted since i was little. In my previous job i made alot of contacts for frieght companies and many more drivers so im really hoping that the old case of ‘who you know rather than what you know’ will help me find any kind of work available. How much of a difference is there from rigid to artic ■■? Im hoping i can adjust easily but im under no illusions that there will be even more points to remember with class 1 !

How much of a difference is there from rigid to artic

Why not book a couple of assessment drives (often free) and see how you get on? I suggest you try an artic and a wagon and drag. Same licence at the end of the day.

Good luck with whatever you decide, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Welcome aboard lollie and congratulations on the cat C pass!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Well done!! :grimacing:

The advice and insight in these forums is second to none for us noobs. Get that digicard application sent off asap and get yourself signed up to some agencies. I’m in the process of doing that just now as well as planning to start C+E training next week. I will keep a training diary in this forum and suggest that you do too. Many of the tips that others provided proved useful when I did the C training and whacking them onto the forum while they’re still fresh will help those that follow.

I expect the artic will be different again from the rigid but the principles will probably be similar about planning ahead and borrowing road space when negotiating junctions etc but there’s no substitute to the sheer experience of driving one. Bring it on!!

Cheers,

Laz

Hi lollie

firstly congratulations on the pass , i passed my c last year and took me about 6 months to find work and was a case of in right place at right time and i knew the girl well who was dealing with drivers , well havent looked back since and get regular work and have been working for a local company for a year in sept , basically make a good impression be willing and dont be afraid to ask questions rather a daft ques than a bumped lorry eh :wink:
Im just about to book my c+e myself (when get the bottle up to call :blush: ) and definatly take an assesment drive I tried w&d and artic my preference was artic as for some reason seems to handle better for me but everyones different and you will only know by doing it yourself , god luck on finding work hope it happens soon for you and look forward to reading your diary on class 1 training
all the best

Jen x

Hi, I passed my rigid and artic recently (Artic passed last saterday) and i found going from rigid to artic wasnt to bad at all. Far less than the jump from car to rigid, i think the fact you already used to the width is a big benefit as that was something that took me a while to get used to in the rigid.

Its the same test again as well, the only extra thing is the uncouple and couple. So knowing what to exspect should help you be more relaxed.

As for artic or wag and drag up to you, but artics arent the evil beasts some seem to think :smiley: .

Anyways help some of thats helpful Phil.

Jenni make that call now you can do it & you know you can ( just remember on your test think what Brian said to you or think it is him siting next to you )

Well done on the pass & welcome to the forums

It all depends on where you live tbh on the work front

But go visit some providers & have assessment with them to see how you feel

Jennie:
Im just about to book my c+e myself (when get the bottle up to call :blush: )

Jennie, please make the call , cos you know it makes sense. :smiley:

:bulb: Your choice is a phone call and a C+E training diary, _**or...**_ compulsory attendance as guest of honour at an arse-kicking party I'll be organising soon in Berkshire.... it's a no-brainer!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink: :grimacing:

Good luck. :smiley:

Congratulations with your pass lollie :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: & good luck with your job hunt too :smiley: . Hey Jenny , go for it (c+e), pick up the phone - you’ll be fine once you start talking :laughing:

Go for it Jennie. Im hoping to in March next year

Hi lollie,

And…

lollie:
I have just passed my class 2 test …

:grimacing: CONGRATULATIONS on passing your LGV “C” test :smiley:
:smiley: :smiley: :grimacing: :smiley: :smiley: :grimacing: :smiley: :smiley:

lollie:
… and wish i had discovered this site alot earlier!

Many people say that, so please stick around… you ain’t seen nothin’ yet!! :grimacing: :grimacing:

dieseldave:
Hi lollie,

And…

lollie:
I have just passed my class 2 test …

:grimacing: CONGRATULATIONS on passing your LGV “C” test :smiley:
:smiley: :smiley: :grimacing: :smiley: :smiley: :grimacing: :smiley: :smiley:

lollie:
… and wish i had discovered this site alot earlier!

Many people say that, so please stick around… you ain’t seen nothin’ yet!! :grimacing: :grimacing:

slow tonight DD :grimacing: :wink: :laughing:

Thank you to everybody for the advice and congratulations wow never expected that !!! :smiley:
I have decided to do my c + e in an artic as hopefully that is what i will be driving, as soon as my licence drops through the door i will be on the phone to book up. Will keep you all posted on here as its so nice to have some support from people who have been through or are going through the same thing as me.
Thank you all once again
Lollie