Just passed class C advice needed

Just passed my class C at the weekend and was thinking of doin c+e when i get my licence back. Was wondering if its a good idea to do straight after? Is it an easy transition to step up? Thanks in advance

I’d say go for it while your brain is still in “taking in information” mode. Worked for me.

You’re not going back over old ground that way

Yer think im swaying towards doing it, not sure wether to do it in the artic or w&d is there a massive difference. Thanks

Never driven a W&D, but then again, never had the desire to.

Some will say, it’s easier on a W&D, so get the test done, then do a bit of training on an artic when you’re less stressed.

Your choice at the end of the day.

I had enough of my redundancy for one shot at my class 1, if I’d have failed, that was it for the foreseeable. I had nothing banked for additional training, not even a retest.

I took my C+E straight after C and failed.

I’d do a couple of months in a rigid first, that way your used to driving a truck and spotting problems ahead.

I did 10 months rigid work and sailed through the artic test.

Personally im glad I failed because the 10 months in the rigid prepared me well for driving an artic in the real world.

GFT:
Personally im glad I failed because the 10 months in the rigid prepared me well for driving an artic in the real world.

I don’t think you really mean that.

My advice if you feel confident enough and have the funds get the CE course booked ASAP.

Artic or W&D? I don’t think it really matters you get the same licence.

Paul :smiley:

I did my C in october and passed with 4 minors.
Drove nothing bigger than my 3.5t van then my C+E in february and passed with 2 minors.
And from what the examiner said afterward, I think she just wanted to use her pen :laughing:
Pass or fail on the test is down to the training you received and how you drive on test. You should be taught about forward planning and spotting problems. I was and it came in handy on test…

Thanks for advice guys, could you message me your c+e training costs paul, im from west yorks so just getting some prices, thanks again