I passed 0845 thusrday bredbury got my class 2

well i finialy did it i passed on my third go and im still walkin on air cant wait to get out and do some work send the paperwork thursday and im just wornderin if you guys got amy adive hints tips anything useful i might need to know that may help me out well i am thinkin of havin a go at the lgv 1 now :laughing:

what do you guys think either go for it asap or go and do some class 2 work let me know what you think

the school i used in the end were very good and they were cheap

and in my package ive still go 2 goes at the class 1 paid for …

so should i go for it now or leave it for a few monthsâ– â– ?

anyway please let me know what you think

also im based in east london any one got any ideas on where i might find some class 2 work as a new driver â– â– ?

anyway thanks again for all the help and advice from all of you

jason

Congrats on the pass! :smiley:

They are many reasons why you should do both!!
1st of all because you have the test mentality in your head some would say go right on and take you class 1 now! you have no bad habits, you know how to pass the test, so you should only need to learn the skills of driving an artic!

On the other hand driving a rigid for a while would give you experience of a large heavy vehicle getting used to the lenth and driving with more confidence.

Personaly I would go right on to the class 1 test.

Because
It may be more expensive as time goes by and who knows the test may get harder!
As I have said you have yet to pick up bad habits that we all have, as you will after a short while!
You can earn quite a bit more driving an Artic.
If you do get a job driving rigids you may find yourself having to use your well earned holidays for class 1 training! something you should be using for a well earned rest!
Rigid work is by the main multi-drop (not all I know, but most) where as Class 1 work is more distance and less drops. theyfore its my belief that class 1 is much easyer work than class 2!

Good luck in what ever you decide
keep us informed! :smiley:

well done mate,the choice is yours but i’d go for class1 as it’s still fresh in the head from passing class2.just remember width and length,you already know how to drive and you got the confidence.good luck :wink:

Well Done, Jason,
I agree with kitkat and TC, go and book your Class One training straight away.
When you have passed, your choices of different types of work, days/nights, local/long distance,etc. will be greatly increased.( And the hourly wage rate - do not sell yourself short, you may be a new and inexperienced truck driver but your vocational entitlement C (or soon to be C+E :wink: ) is becoming like gold-dust to truck operators of all shapes and sizes all over the country.)
I would say, in the London area , no less than £7 per hour rigid or £8 per hour artic would be a fair rate (basic rate, days, Mon - Fri ) to aim for. Anything less than that…forget it !…(You’ve just passed arguably the most demanding driving test in Europe, possibly the World, remember.) :sunglasses: :sunglasses:
You will see plenty of truck driving jobs advertised at £5 or £6 per hour. Ignore them. Do not even waste your valuable time ringing them up, let alone visiting their premises.These operators are not living in the real world. :confused: This applies to all newly qualified drivers reading this, -anywhere in Britain, not just in London, incidentally.
Good Luck… :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

do it straight away
before you develop bad habits and your mind is set on test driving
well done
one down one to go :wink:
jon

first of all congratulations on passing the test mate WELL DONE!!!. i agree with all of the above mate get straight in there and go for it, i did class 1 straight after and cause i was still in test mode i found it a bit easier than i would of done if had left it a few months, i didnt pass my class 1 failed miserably and didnt even get out the test centre, but i got my class 1 re-test this tuesday. You just gotta keep going at (if you can financially) like tc said the test could get harder or more expensive.

but good luck with with whatever you decide and keep us all posted with updates mate :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

Well done m8! :laughing:

Well done ! Do your Class 1 straight away.

well done fella! :smiley:

Congratulations.
If you want the +E, then its the best time to do it.

thanks to all you guys and as i said im still please a punch to have passed im gonna get in touch with my school in the next week or so and try to book the class 1 sooner rather than later i feel this is gonna be the best way and you all are right have seen some work for £8 an hour driving a dust cart for the london bourgh of hackney but hoe hum …

is there anything you feel it might be useful for me to try and rember for taking the class 1 test is it the same thing as the 2 i mean gear change exercise reverse controlled stop so i guess what im am trying to say is the test the same format…

also im gonna try to get the same guy for my 1 as i got for my 2 think this is a good idea

anyway im gonna go check my post to see if the nice dvla have sent my new paperwork back

thanks again

jason

You get that class 1 ASAP before you get the right way of doing things out of your head. A few weeks working, and your driving will get to the standard that while you may be doing the job right, your chance of passing the test again are zero. ESPECIALLY on dust carts or any other waste or site work.

Go get that bendy pass, then go looking for work.

Well done mate.
Go for class1 straight away - I didn’t! I had a fair bit of experience on class 2 (mainly nights) and I think I was too confident when I went for class1. Not cocky, but a bit too fast approaching roundabouts and that sort of thing, and it cost me two fails. Do it while you still remember all the test stuff and are in that frame of mind.

Well done mate - hope to join you real soon.

Oh congratulations Jason… Great bit of news mate…

And I to agree with what TC and the others have said… Go for the class one straight away. Its all too easy to pick up bad habits and let them take over during the test… You are still in test mode, and learner mode… so get out there, and get the Class 1 as soon as ya can…

Well done again mate… :wink:

Well done Jason.

As others have said, take the class 1 while you have no bad habits.

Cheers,

Niall.

Well done on your pass, mate.

I would advise going for the Class 1 straight away. For the same reasons. You are in the learning/test passing mind set, and you haven’t picked up any bad driving habits to unlearn.