Hello

Hi people,

i have just joined yor community and wanted to say hi but ask a few questions as well.

i consider myself a new driver, i passed my c test in mid november, and i am thinking about doing my artic test.

i have read numerous bits of information on here and was wondering…

1. in your honest opinion is it worth the extra outlay to do the artic?

2. Should i go with the same company?
    (i ask this as i have heard mixed reports on who i did it with-Zenith, but i realise these might just be disgruntled people who didnt pass, but i found them very good when i did my class 2 and the instructor made it enjoyable and humerous but serious when it needed to be. i was at ease all the way through the course, 3 hours a day with test on friday and passed with only 4 minor faults on my test) but they are about £75 more expensive but right on my doorstep.

welcome to trucknet gibsla (can’t belive i got in before rog :wink: )

i would go for the artic test (finances permitting) as it would give you a big scope of employment even if at first you dont use it. as regards the training school if you did the class 2 with them and had no problems i don’t see why you wouldn’t use them for class 1.

good luck

jon

Welcome to Trucknet mate
(Rog’s computer must have crashed! :laughing: or he has found time to go to work :laughing: )

In my opinion of you have passed an LGV test in a rigid then there is every chance you would have little trouble passing another test - which is exactly the same only in a bigger vehicle.
It is always good to have the higher licence I think as it gives you far more scope when applying for jobs.
As for what company to use that would be your own choice.
If you were happy with the instructor and the vehicles that were used in your original company then go ahead and stick with it otherwise give yourself a change.
As around at the test centre for advice from other trainees and see whats out there.
Good luck

To jonboy & mothertrucker - Oh :exclamation: , I can’t find an emoticon with a tongue sticking out :angry: :angry: :angry: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

**:D :smiley: :smiley: Welcome Giblsa :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:**

If you click the link in my signature it will lead you to an index where you can access a lot of info which may be of use to you :smiley: :smiley:

Hello gibsla,I passed with zenith last year,I also found them really good,my instructor Tony was 1st rate in my opinion,when I can afford to Ill be going back for class 1.
Im still driving choo choo’s at the mo but will be looking to make the jump soon to driving lgv’s for a living,Its the same old story though,no experience…agencies dont want to know because I only want to do the odd day here and there to fit round my shift pattern,
any way,welcome,
Simon.

welcome

good luck with the c and e

:smiley: