Google Maps

Has anyone had problems with this recently? This afternoon it was useless. It showed me at least two miles from where I actually was, sometimes the blue dot never moved at all unless I closed it and then reopened.

Sounds more like a GPS problem rather than Google Maps. Did you try any other apps that use GPS? The GPS signal does go wonky sometimes and in someplaces

I use google maps with caution , when looking for specific business names on there it is sometimes a bit inaccurate .

More than likely to be UKTramp has hacked the Google satellite and will be downloading a free copy of CoPilot to yr phone as we speak…better wrap ya phone and any tablet you have in tin foil…and maybe a tin foil hat…can’t be to careful brother! :smiley:

Mine was playing up a month back, kept saying I was starting from hull but then corrected itself.
Flashed up a few times something about the compass needs recalibrating by moving the device in a figure of 8, never did anything though.
Had one wobble today but is fine now

Punchy Dan:
I use google maps with caution , when looking for specific business names on there it is sometimes a bit inaccurate .

If you see an inaccuracy edit it and send to Google! That’s what I do, it helps improve and you get points for it.

switchlogic:

Punchy Dan:

If you see an inaccuracy edit it and send to Google! That’s what I do, it helps improve and you get points for it.

And what do points make??

They have different levels and give you different things, the most useful of which is free cloud storage. Oh…wait…I mean PRIZES!

switchlogic:
Sounds more like a GPS problem rather than Google Maps. Did you try any other apps that use GPS? The GPS signal does go wonky sometimes and in someplaces

I only have GM, I did have Here maps but deleted it. Cleared cache etc last nigh and it’s fine this morning.

The “label” feature is great if you’re delivering to remote places or sites under construction.
Is there a limit to the amount of labels you can create? If not you could eventually mark up weight limits etc.

switchlogic:
They have different levels and give you different things, the most useful of which is free cloud storage. Oh…wait…I mean PRIZES!

Mornington Crescent !

Muckaway:
Has anyone had problems with this recently? This afternoon it was useless. It showed me at least two miles from where I actually was, sometimes the blue dot never moved at all unless I closed it and then reopened.

Mine threw a wobbly on Thursday evening between Stafford and Stoke,but that often happens there,probably a weak signal or summat :unamused:

I had a frew problems with Google maps loosing gps signal and trying to turn me into hi rises in centre of London. But updated phone and no more issues

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

May be caused by running close to someone using a gps jammer, they seem to be popular according to the press.