Good Training Deals in Essex?

Hi after a bit of a slow start im ready to look at Cat C training again to eventually take my C+E.

Roadtrain in Purfleet look good and have had some good recommendations on this site.

Theres a recession on so im guessing there must be some good deals out there for good training companies in & around Essex? Anyone got any good info?

Regards
:question:

All the LGV TRAINING TIPS, including the Recommended LGV training schools that have been recommended by members, can be accessed by clicking on the link in my signature :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
The link includes THE INITIAL DRIVER CPC which started on 10 Sept 2009.

There’s one that isn’t on the list - Flair LGV training.

Whilst I have no personal experience of the company in it’s past or former incarnation, they have been known to offer some attractive looking deals. I’d strongly advise that you search this forum about them, Sterling or Qualitas and decide whether you feel they are worth investigating further.

Somewhere on the web there is or was a list of pass rates for LGV test centres. It does not specify whether they are 1st, 2nd, 3rd or whatever time passes only a pass / fail percentage. Purfleet test centre has / had one of the lowest pass percentages of all the test centres, Chelmsford a good few percent better and Ipswich better still. Obviosuly the test should be the same but test conditions are clearly different, much more traffic in the Purfleet area than in Ipswich for example. More traffic = more other motorists to avoid and more distractions.

Ok so travelling a little distance to do your training might cost you a few quid but a retest is going to cost quite a lot more if you need one. Of course you may still need a retest even if you take the test on the Isle of Wight which had a massive pass rate but I’m sure you understand the angle I’m coming from. Also doing the test in an unfamiliar town is not as daft as it sounds, the training school will teach you how to drive a big vehicle around the local test routes. You will be told how to tackle tricky junctions etc and not have to unlearn the things you have learnt as a car driver in the same place.

8wheels:

Whilst I have no personal experience of the company in it’s past or former incarnation, they have been known to offer some attractive looking deals. I’d strongly advise that you search this forum about them, Sterling or Qualitas and decide whether you feel they are worth investigating further.

Flair are not on the list because no member has recommended them at this time - not surprising really as it is a relatively new school.
Sterling/Qualitas (now gone) was a very large concern whereas Flair is a one-man operation.

I did not want to hi-jack this thread on this issue but felt that the differences should be made clear.

Back to topic…

Is DTT Essex still going because I think a member did a write up on them ?

Please remember that there’s more to a “good deal” than just the price. It’s very difficult to get accurate like for like quotations so I strongly suggest you go with a recommendation - even if there appears to be a “better deal” somewhere else.

It’s not uncommon for canny customers to travel many miles for training, using local B&B for 3 or 4 nights. Training is something that, you hope, you will only do once and it’ll help shape your career for the future. So have a good look around and try to choose wisely - not just on price.

Whevever you end up, the very best of luck with it all. Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:
Please remember that there’s more to a “good deal” than just the price. It’s very difficult to get accurate like for like quotations so I strongly suggest you go with a recommendation - even if there appears to be a “better deal” somewhere else.

It’s not uncommon for canny customers to travel many miles for training, using local B&B for 3 or 4 nights. Training is something that, you hope, you will only do once and it’ll help shape your career for the future. So have a good look around and try to choose wisely - not just on price.

Whevever you end up, the very best of luck with it all. Pete :laughing: :laughing:

I will second that…sound advice

ROG:

8wheels:

Flair are not on the list because no member has recommended them at this time - not surprising really as it is a relatively new school.
Sterling/Qualitas (now gone) was a very large concern whereas Flair is a one-man operation.

I did not want to hi-jack this thread on this issue but felt that the differences should be made clear.

Back to topic…

Is DTT Essex still going because I think a member did a write up on them ?

The point I was making was Flair / Sterling & Qualitas all had a common denominator, who seems to have some history. Further investigation would be strongly advised.

I did a write up on DTT Essex a couple of years ago and they were a good school but have sadly ceased trading.

The training schools who test at the test centres also can have an influance on the pass rate. If the local schools are no good and their training courses to short then the test centres pass rate they use will be low.

Always get an assessment before you book a course so you can check the instructors and the vehicles out before you pay tour money

Chers everone ill keep you posted on how i get on

regards

Newcroft are in purfleet, thats who i done mine with, and for the C+E they got an artic FH12 6 legger with 40ft trailer. Great experience taking it round Grays town center :grimacing: