Gone in 60 seconds

60 seconds or less maybe lol . At least everyone got out of it ok , Stuck behind it yesterday on m1 . Dont think trucker jay seen it in his mirrors :slight_smile:
youtu.be/EfIcgWcZ8YQ

The aftermath of all this was still there when I was going northbound at around 9-9:30pm, took their time sorting it out :open_mouth:

“Smashed” caravan? I’d say that was creamed! :open_mouth:

ALL caravan drivers should be made to take a test and have a competency check every 5 years or so.This time of year on A and B roads they drive over the white line at least 2 feet from the hedge presumably so that they don’t scratch the side of their thing against a stray leaf.
The poor trucker has to break his near side wing mirror to avoid wiping out a family on their way to a holiday…
They have no spatial awareness…generalisation I know…but that’s how it is. :imp:

That’s another wobble box off the road then. Maybe it’s time wobble boxes were banned and only allow motor homes lol

Heisenberrg:
ALL caravan drivers should be made to take a test and have a competency check every 5 years or so.This time of year on A and B roads they drive over the white line at least 2 feet from the hedge presumably so that they don’t scratch the side of their thing against a stray leaf.
The poor trucker has to break his near side wing mirror to avoid wiping out a family on their way to a holiday…
They have no spatial awareness…generalisation I know…but that’s how it is. :imp:

One of the reasons the law was changed so people passing a car test can only tow 750kg trailers without passing the E test now for towing anything bigger. Even lightweight caravans are probably few and far between under that 750kg as once loaded with everything you need will likely be around 100kg at least. In fact not sure of trailer tents come in at under 750kg of the top of my head.

Discovery was the tow car…?

Don’t suppose anyP 1 keys were involved?

The daft twots who tow caravans wider than their car with no extended mirrors fitted that cheese me off. Don’t know their overall length and pull in front too early. Surely it should be law to fit extensions to mirrors if they can see f all behind them without them ?.

Razzman1:
The daft twots who tow caravans wider than their car with no extended mirrors fitted that cheese me off. Don’t know their overall length and pull in front too early. Surely it should be law to fit extensions to mirrors if they can see f all behind them without them ?.

It is law if the caravan is wider than the car then you are required to have towing mirrors .
The problem is the generation who have always towed the way they do and never had a problem so don’t see why they should change legal or not . Also with most modern caravans having motormovers these people either don’t know or have forgotten how to reverse which is also why they have forgotten the length of their caravan when they pull in front of you .

I could be wrong here, but at 1:18 in the clip is that a black cat walking through the debris by what use to be a cupboard? I could be wrong and seeing things as it has been a long day :laughing:

bristolrob:
I could be wrong here, but at 1:18 in the clip is that a black cat walking through the debris by what use to be a cupboard? I could be wrong and seeing things as it has been a long day :laughing:

I had to look 3 times at that but I think its a black bag blowing.

Meanwhile…I tow a caravan. I tow it regularly and I’m quite capable of towing it without cutting anyone up and in fact (probably through habit) I wait to be flashed in which amazingly happens more than you might think!

Gillberry:

Razzman1:

It is law if the caravan is wider than the car then you are required to have towing mirrors .
The problem is the generation who have always towed the way they do and never had a problem so don’t see why they should change legal or not . Also with most modern caravans having motormovers these people either don’t know or have forgotten how to reverse which is also why they have forgotten the length of their caravan when they pull in front of you .

Not sure how to do this "quote " thing. Hope this works.
Thought it must be law but i see so many nowadays. I will flash in any towing vehicle once its clear of my cab but some don’t notice the flash when they cant see me in their mirror. I tend to back off for a couple seconds until I’m happy that they are no danger to me or themselves, however I do get my nose cut off at least once a week lately. Really cant fathom why anyone would tow anything with no rear view whatsoever especially for a long distance journey on a motorway.