Gibbs of Fraserburgh

Hi,

I was wondering if anybody has any photo’s etc of Gibbs, any era would be very welcome. This is really the only photos I collect and are increasingly hard to find but there must be hundreds out there. If anybody could help it would be very much appreciated. My e-mail is euroscot380@btinternet.com

Thanks

Here is Brian Edgars superb collection:

http://public.fotki.com/bedgar/scottish-trucks/aberdeenshire__surr/aberdeenshire__the/gibbs_of_fraserburgh/

If you have photos why not post them on here for us all to enjoy!

Am I imagining it or did they at one time run atki Borderers with sleepers cabs?

Regards pat

Found this pic

Regards Pat

ainacs:
If you have photos why not post them on here for us all to enjoy!

Am I imagining it or did they at one time run atki Borderers with sleepers cabs?

Regards pat

All the Gibb’s vehicles and pics that I’ve ever seen were day cabs, but that’s not to say that they never had any sleepers!

No Gibbs never had any atki borderer sleeper cabs. They just used to sleep across the seats. My dad drove two borderers for them then he had an ERF B series, DAF 2800, DAF 95 then an Iveco Eurotech. I was brought up around the Gibbs motors and still think they have the best livery ever to adorn the British roads. I have many fond memorys being away with my dad. I’m always on the look out for photos I haven’t seen but they are so hard to come by now, seems a lot harder since they finished.

As georgekings post says, Brian Edgar has a superb collection, it took me a week to look through all of his folders.
i think there’s 144 photo’s in his Gibbs folder… :smiley:

euroscot:
. I was brought up around the Gibbs motors and still think they have the best livery ever to adorn the British roads.

Got to be up there amongst them, mind you it was hard to beat any Scotch vehicle for livery in those days - loads of coachlines and curlecues, not forgetting the tartans.

Thats true. When we used to stop at truck stops when you walked back out to the truck it stood out so much in the line up. The colours they used, the way they used them and how the sign writing etc was just perfect on the cab and the trailers were quite plain but looked really good with the units. The 3-series scania’s they had looked really good in their colours.

Does anyone know if Gibbs had an Atki, reg no PUS 556M? My dad drove this lorry for many years and we were told it came from Scotland, possibly Gibbs.!

Gibbs never owned that Atki. I’m sure somebdy knows where it came from though.

I know it came from that area because of the PUS plate, ive been trying to find out for years but without any luck. It was a day cab Atki Borderer, with a ■■■■■■■ 220 engine, ive got some photos of it somewhere, ill dig them out.