Return of Gibbs of Fraserburgh?

Heading through to Edinburgh on Wednesday night I had to do a double take, heading west on the M8 a Gibbs of Fraserburgh fridge. Now it wasnt the preserved Gibbs motor that does the shows but quite a shiney and very new looking trailer although it wasnt a Gibbs tractor. Does anybody know what the script is :question:

Rich

No, but I am curious if there is a fridge on the road with the old Gibbs colours.
Info please Guys and Girls… :slight_smile:

very impressive firm in their time.

the trucks were sold in England i had Northern Lights briefly

i seen a Gibbs trailer Thursday past. In Dundee heading west towards Perth on A90. I agree it didnt look restored, looked like a new trailer. i mentioned it to the wife, but she didnt care.

I cant remember who’s unit was pulling it, McBurney or Robert Burns or someone. It wasnt just a one man outfit’s unit, it was a familiar name.

stuartrobbie:
i seen a Gibbs trailer Thursday past. In Dundee heading west towards Perth on A90. I agree it didnt look restored, looked like a new trailer. i mentioned it to the wife, but she didnt care.

I cant remember who’s unit was pulling it, McBurney or Robert Burns or someone. It wasnt just a one man outfit’s unit, it was a familiar name.

Sounds pretty much like the same outfit. It was the same thing with me, I cant remember who was pulling it as I was so suprised to see the trailer.

ive been trying to remember, think it was a yellow unit, thats why i thought McBurneys or Robert Burns, or Caledionan from Inverness (or whatever it is).

Kept my eyes peeled now, im usually on the A9 most days.

my mate spotted one of there trailers been pulled by Grampian MacLennans Daf in perth the other week. i spotted a plain red scania pulling one 12 mouths back to, must be one or two of there fridges still knocking about,

Rossco :open_mouth:

rossco:
my mate spotted one of there trailers been pulled by Grampian MacLennans Daf in perth the other week. i spotted a plain red scania pulling one 12 mouths back to, must be one or two of there fridges still knocking about,

Thats what I thought at first but Gibbs closed in 2002, this certainly didnt look like it had been sitting about for 8 years and after all that time would you not remove the livery?

Big Rich:

rossco:

Thats what I thought at first but Gibbs closed in 2002, this certainly didnt look like it had been sitting about for 8 years and after all that time would you not remove the livery?

may be they kept them in gibbs’ livery as a mark of respect of such a well respected company■■?

The trailers owned by Mathers of Inverurie, not used much.