getting work

hi ive just passed my class1 and looking for work .Does anybody know of any
companys who take new drivers in the lincs erea :frowning:

It’s diificult getting that first job.Normally the easiest way is to do agency work,although you’ve probably hit the quietest time for them,but give them a ring anyway.Hours allover the place but good experience.
Good luck.

Getting the first job is normaly hard and this is the quiet time of the year. It’s also a problem is you’re under 25.
Try agencies as has been said, but also go and see haulage companies, especially the smaller one’s, were the bloke in the office is the boss and can make decisions as opposed to following company guidelines and might be impressed by somebody making the effort to find work.

i’m tired:
you’ve probably hit the quietest time for them

tell me about it :unamused:
I`ve had to bite the bullet and start doing some ad hock work for a mate, which is gonna include (dare I say it ) nights out

Due to the massive driver shortage in Britain there should be no problem finidng a job, there is a shortager of 55 billion drivers in this country for only 14 lorries…

In all seriousness i would try Phil Hanley (Innovate) at either Bilsthorpe a long way for you or try their base near Grantham, they were the company who gave me a go after passing my test as long as you can sleep with a 2.0 litre Diesel engine revving its clemmies off 12" from your head all night they ARE a good company to work for.

P.S. if you find a job that pays a decent wage and has a decent wagon but wont give you a job because of your experience can you let me know as i am sick of the new job i have just started.

Fowler Welch at Spalding normally take anyone on. Young,inexperienced etc.

disgo:
Fowler Welch at Spalding normally take anyone on. Young,inexperienced etc.

Apparently they have a preference though you must be able to do 56 all the way down the a15/a16 and a17 dropping below this speed for this company is apparently unacceptable.

if you have a east european passport , you should have no trouble finding work :wink:

tin hat :unamused:

jon

john.thfc:
hi ive just passed my class1 and looking for work .Does anybody know of any
companys who take new drivers in the lincs erea :frowning:

go in Internet to
“www.willibetz…”