Trying to find work

recently passed class 2, got a load of cv;s sent out so hopefully someone will give me a bell and give me a chance, got cpc and digi tacho sorted so just need a drive

looking on tinterweb there seems to be alot more class 1 work about, good job ive got my training in a few weeks!!

willig to travel aswell for the right job, fingers crossed

What’s happened to the firm you was going to go out with?

Is there not a semi -significant amount of time you have to wait before taking class 1 test?
Good luck with the search!!

bigdavehull, are you from where your name suggests, no matter anyway, go out with some cv"s to companies and leave one with the tm im sure you will get something its not like years ago new drivers are given a chance now good luck with it

I take it people just got the companies then and just ask to hand in a CV, I will be shortly starting to look for employment for when i leave the forces and will be in the same situation,

mac12:
What’s happened to the firm you was going to go out with?

yeh still doing that but like to get as many cv’s and phone calls out as much as possible, u never know

While you’re waiting to land a salaried job you could consider signing up with a few agencies as well. No-one likes doing it, but if they can source temporary driving jobs for you then it does no harm in the short term. The Christmas rush might mean there are temporary openings out there even if companies aren’t looking to sign up drivers permanently.

Go out & meet the people it helps

try Keedwell, i worked out of their York yard, but they have a place on Hull docks, just watch out for the potholes! you might have to go through the York depot to apply for a job at Hull.

ORC:
While you’re waiting to land a salaried job you could consider signing up with a few agencies as well. No-one likes doing it, but if they can source temporary driving jobs for you then it does no harm in the short term. The Christmas rush might mean there are temporary openings out there even if companies aren’t looking to sign up drivers permanently.

This is great advice ^^^

Whilst a new driver is doing this, it’s a great way of gaining that all-important experience AND it gets you out and about to places where you might hear of opportunities that you wouldn’t hear about if you were sat at home. :wink:

ORC:

thanks for the info. ive got up to ten cv’s out, had a call back this morning just out of curtesy to let me know that he has no work at the moment but will let me know as soon as he does, which i thought was great really.

got a run out tomorrow with a driver so il see how i get on

^^^Fair play to the company replying back. Not many bother to do that these days.

had a day out today with a driver from local company and it went quite well, his run is local multi drops around york and york city center, filled forms in, strapped load down, pallet trucked gear into shops etc so kinda covered it all, went back in the office when we got back an manager said to have another run tomorrow and then he may possibly send me down the road

see how it goes