Gaydon 2011

Who’s going? Perhaps some sort of “unofficial” gathering of us Old (and in my case, not so Old) Timers over the weekend? My wife usually comes along but she can always go inside the museum and admire Daniel Craigs Aston Martin :smiley:

I hope to go Nathan,went on the sunday last year and really enjoyed the show.Well worth the trip,didn’t really know any of the Trucknet members to look for.Did see Andrew’s Peterbilt ( pete359 ),but not him,but caught up with him and Daibootsy,also jonmea at Carmarthen Truckshow.
Cheers Dave.

I’ve thought of taking mine or perhaps one of our old 4000s (if they’re still around as the new 'uns are booked in for spraying next week) but I though there was an age restriction put on? If I took mine then we could use it as a rallying point :smiley:

Muckaway:
I’ve thought of taking mine or perhaps one of our old 4000s (if they’re still around as the new 'uns are booked in for spraying next week) but I though there was an age restriction put on? If I took mine then we could use it as a rallying point :smiley:

You will have to speak to Andrew,they have a Steelboys run and park at the top.Last year I think it was anything over 25 years old. Lorries I mean :laughing: .
Cheers Dave.

hi lads,
i sent my gaydon entry form to steelboyf10 today.am really looking forward to it.gaydon and crick before it have always been amongst my favourite events of the season.the steelboys have 50 motors on the gaydon run again this year.my mate lee herbert has organised the “retro truck show” a totally new event to be held at gaydon during september 2011.has the makings of a great event for the family and enthusiasts alike.lee has been a regular on the show circuit for long enough to organise a good truck event.you can look it up on facebook.september might seem a long way away now,but it will soon come around.
regards andrew

pete 359:
hi lads,
i sent my gaydon entry form to steelboyf10 today.am really looking forward to it.gaydon and crick before it have always been amongst my favourite events of the season.the steelboys have 50 motors on the gaydon run again this year.my mate lee herbert has organised the “retro truck show” a totally new event to be held at gaydon during september 2011.has the makings of a great event for the family and enthusiasts alike.lee has been a regular on the show circuit for long enough to organise a good truck event.you can look it up on facebook.september might seem a long way away now,but it will soon come around.
regards andrew

hia, what date is it on this year? it is normaly the same weekend as another rally up north.

road-ranger:

pete 359:
hi lads,
regards andrew

hia, what date is it on this year? it is normaly the same weekend as another rally up north.

hi roadranger,
the “classic commercial motor show” is open to anyone with a truck earlier than 1985,it’s held on june 11+12 th 2011.the new,“retro truck show” is for vehicles from 1965-1995 and is at gaydon on september 18th 2011.hope this helps.
regards andrew

The Gaydon show is on Sunday June 12th this year, I’m another one who plans on taking my truck in the Steel boys section.

As Andrew said the Retro truck show at the same venue on September 18th will be one to attend too.

Neil.

Yeah going to try and get there for the weekend this year, but then I said that last year…and the year before… and the year before that. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

We will have to get Trucknet to issue us all with badges to wear,they the Board must be making money off this site with all the people using it. Oh dear what have I said :confused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: .
Cheers Dave.

God willing I’ll be there as usual - only with the minature versions though :frowning: …while bigger fools look on :stuck_out_tongue:

Maybe Wheelnut might make it at last, and speak to me even? - come on Malc, you can do it mate :smiley:

mechanic77:
The Gaydon show is on Sunday June 12th this year, I’m another one who plans on taking my truck in the Steel boys section.

As Andrew said the Retro truck show at the same venue on September 18th will be one to attend too.

Neil.

Ah! thats a stroke of luck, thats the only weekend I have free in June, I did enjoy it last year.

Dave the Renegade:
We will have to get Trucknet to issue us all with badges to wear,they the Board must be making money off this site with all the people using it. Oh dear what have I said :confused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: .
Cheers Dave.

Carryfast’ll be the one in the corner, talking to himself :laughing:

I’ll be exhibiting at the model show as usual. :smiley:

i,ll be there all weekend exhibiting my models :smiley:

I’ll be at Gaydon all weekend…tied to the desk in the model show! As the “Gaydon Model Truck Festival” organiser, i don’t get much time to wander round outside, so please take pity on me…come into the main hall an say hello, bring a cup of tea or a stale bun… be so grateful :unamused:

If they accept my entry I should have my '54 Pete there again. Anyone thinking of entering don’t leave it too late space is limited.
Andrew whats the “Retro” show all about?

truckerash:
I’ll be at Gaydon all weekend…tied to the desk in the model show! As the “Gaydon Model Truck Festival” organiser, i don’t get much time to wander round outside, so please take pity on me…come into the main hall an say hello, bring a cup of tea or a stale bun… be so grateful :unamused:

Anyone else hear the violins? Don’t let him fool you, he spends all weekend barking orders at his army of minions and getting waited on hand-and-foot, people bringing bribes and tributes etc :wink: in fact, word is that this year he’ll have a Sedan chair to tour the outdoor exhibits, complete with Scania style tasselled curtains, natch :grimacing:

pursy:
If they accept my entry I should have my '54 Pete there again. Anyone thinking of entering don’t leave it too late space is limited.
Andrew whats the “Retro” show all about?

The retro truck show is going to be aimed at ‘newer’ old trucks, I guess like the Steel boys sort of range. Some more details here British Motor Museum | Home

I believe there’ll be a webpage up soon. Pursy, are you going to the Malvern show in March again this year?
Neil.

Should be at Malvern too and hopefully will get inside the gate this year. Nearly finished a flatbed body for it,the quarry is on short hours so am getting a bit done.