Gaydon 2011

jj72:
God willing I’ll be there as usual - only with the minature versions though :frowning: …while bigger fools look on :stuck_out_tongue:

Maybe Wheelnut might make it at last, and speak to me even? - come on Malc, you can do it mate :smiley:

I hope to get back in time. Chris Webb is spending some of his stash on me I hope on Douglas Head road :laughing: TT Bitter or Porter :wink:

I fly back on the 10th June so it is do-able

pete 359:

road-ranger:

pete 359:
hi lads,
i sent my gaydon entry form to steelboyf10 today.am really looking forward to it.gaydon and crick before it have always been amongst my favourite events of the season.the steelboys have 50 motors on the gaydon run again this year.my mate lee herbert has organised the “retro truck show” a totally new event to be held at gaydon during september 2011.has the makings of a great event for the family and enthusiasts alike.lee has been a regular on the show circuit for long enough to organise a good truck event.you can look it up on facebook.september might seem a long way away now,but it will soon come around.
regards andrew

hia, what date is it on this year? it is normaly the same weekend as another rally up north.

hi roadranger,
the “classic commercial motor show” is open to anyone with a truck earlier than 1985,it’s held on june 11+12 th 2011.the new,“retro truck show” is for vehicles from 1965-1995 and is at gaydon on september 18th 2011.hope this helps.
regards andrew

Anyone know where this old girl is please- It just qualifies! I’ll even put some Foden scarves and chrome ■■■■ ladies on the grille (did it when I was young and foolish!)

hi ash i hear of the other steel boy ur on about doin a model show at retro show i hope u do mate.

scotty marathon 1975

jj72:
God willing I’ll be there as usual - only with the minature versions though :frowning: …while bigger fools look on :stuck_out_tongue:

Maybe Wheelnut might make it at last, and speak to me even? - come on Malc, you can do it mate :smiley:

We are working on it, just back from the TT and meeting Chris Webb that weekend hopefully :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m a bit annoyed at the age limit-old trucks to me means anything upto P reg (I’d just left school when they came out) plus it means I can’t take one of our old wagons. Or mine for that matter. :imp:

well unfortunatley i,ll not be exhibiting now as ive had to sell my model collection :frowning: but i am hoping to come on the sunday

I’m hoping to meet Joe or neil B so I can have a good nose at their preserved fleet :smiley:

Carl:
well unfortunatley i,ll not be exhibiting now as ive had to sell my model collection :frowning: but i am hoping to come on the sunday

Thats a blow Carl :cry: You had built up a nice collection as well, was looking forward to seeing them at gaydon :frowning:

pet 359 remember this in 2004 on my first steel boy run

scotty :smiley: :smiley:

Picture 058.jpg

Well i’m hoping to go so if anyone wants a lift I should have a spare seat or 3.

I had a look on the Gaydon website & I see it’s on the weekend of 11th & 12th of June, can someone tell me what time it opens please as I want to go this year & I’d like to be in early if possible.

BB

Basilbrush:
I had a look on the Gaydon website & I see it’s on the weekend of 11th & 12th of June, can someone tell me what time it opens please as I want to go this year & I’d like to be in early if possible.

BB

10 until 1700 on the Saturday

10 until 1600 on the Sunday

I am sure that is what I have seen

Wheel Nut:

jj72:

We are working on it, just back from the TT and meeting Chris Webb that weekend hopefully :stuck_out_tongue:

We are about sorted but we have to come on the 11th Saturday as we are racing in Market Harborough on Sunday. Will there be enough stuff to keep us interested. I have only done the Sundays previously.

Basilbrush:

BB

Shall I look out for some one with a bushy tail and an annoying laugh ? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Wheel Nut:

jj72:

I hope to get back in time. Chris Webb is spending some of his stash on me I hope on Douglas Head road :laughing: TT Bitter or Porter :wink:

I fly back on the 10th June so it is do-able

Saving up like mad to buy your ale Malc. :stuck_out_tongue:

Wheel Nut:
We are about sorted but we have to come on the 11th Saturday as we are racing in Market Harborough on Sunday. Will there be enough stuff to keep us interested. I have only done the Sundays previously.

I reckon by mid afternoon Saturday 90% of both fill size motors and models are in place Malc, be good to see you!

im going to be there too showing my model i made. :laughing: :laughing:

heyup123:
im going to be there too showing my model i made. :laughing: :laughing:

Nice model, shame about the wallpaper :stuck_out_tongue:

jj72:

Wheel Nut:

I reckon by mid afternoon Saturday 90% of both fill size motors and models are in place Malc, be good to see you!

Plenty of vehicles will be there on the Sunday only.

fryske:

jj72:

Wheel Nut:

Plenty of vehicles will be there on the Sunday only.

I do hope not. I don’t want to waste my time for a few photos that I have already got. I am bringing my mate who worked on TS3’s as an apprentice, he is always reminiscing about rod brakes and decokes :stuck_out_tongue: He worked at Kays of Mackworth from about 1965