Retro Show

Just a reminder that it is the Retro Show at the Heritage Motor Centre Gaydon this weekend.

We hope to be there on Sunday classicman, and the weather looks good at the moment.
Cheers Dave.

Im trying to talk my dad into having a ride down,its only open 10 till 4 though ,not very long opening times :confused:

hi all,
i am really looking forward to the retro show this weekend.the middle east event on saturday will be spot on.hope to see you all there.
regards andrew.

Have you any other details about this event please as wasn’t aware before (quite a newbie) but would be interested in going.

Lhrlass:
Have you any other details about this event please as wasn’t aware before (quite a newbie) but would be interested in going.

Hi,this weekend is the retro truck show at gaydon motor heritage centre in Warwickshire.around two hundred trucks plus? Will be on display from all over the uk,Belgium,France and Germany.on the Saturday is the “separate ticket” only Middle East event.tickets for this are as I understand it,sold out.there is plenty to see and do at the heritage motor centre,junction 12 m40.
Regards andrew.

I hope to be there too :smiley:

tetragaz:
I hope to be there too :smiley:

Will keep an eye out for you, if you are there Sunday Gaz.
Cheers Dave.

yeh it will be sunday dave, hopefully the weather will be kind to us eh mate.

cheers
gaz

Hi all,
This is the schedule for Saturdays Middle East event at gaydon.
Regards andrew.

Hope to see y’all there!

Looking forward to it!

Andy

Jazzandy:
Looking forward to it!

Andy

What a great day, nice to put a face to a name, pleased to meet up with you Andy.
I thought Ash made a fantastic job of organising the day, well attended, well presented with lots of interesting unseen pictures.
I was also pleased to meet up with Ferdy, it was he who first asked through the trucking media some years ago for any English drivers that had any photos of work done in the middle east as it was thought in Europe that the English had never been out there. I was pleased to send him some of my collection which can be seen in the link by my signature.
To anyone who I did not recognise, I apologise, you probably didn’t recognise me either, but we have all changed a lot in 40 years or more!
I was more than surprised to meet up with Fred Topham, I met him briefly when I was working for Jeff Litwin.
When asked if he was still working, he said that as he still has his class 1 licence he was doing a bit for FedEx out of Enfield! What a coincidence that I am also working for FedEx out of Stoke and I deliver to Enfield now and again, small world or what?
It was nice to taste the Efes again although I was surprised that the barman would not take my Turkish lira. At £3.50 a bottle think I’ll buy my next one in Istanbul!

Just got back from retro we had a good day some nice trucks nice to see the belgium trucks a lot of old stuff thou :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

a great day,thanks Archie,Johnny B met up with some oldfreinds,and enjoyed the filmshow

revman:
0a great day,thanks Archie,Johnny B met up with some oldfreinds,and enjoyed the filmshow

Hullo John,
Glad to see you made it mate, great. It’s a pity I couldn’t have been with you. Is that Kenny with you there ? It certainly looks like him although he’s an older man now, as we all are eh ? I hope you gave him my best regards, a good old chap I shall bump into him one day. And don’t you forget to come on up and we shall have that beer or three.
Cheers, Archie.

Well I must say that this Retro Show / Middle-East Experience extravaganza was definitely the most enjoyable truck-show weekend I have ever attended. For me the whole package made a fantastic break. And it was a great opportunity to meet old chums and put TNUK faces to names. Thank you Ashley and all those who organised it, attended it, showed trucks, displayed models, contributed pictures etc. Brilliant. Robert :smiley:

DSCF4358.JPG
DSCF4364.JPG
DSCF4368.JPG

These were at Tebay truckstop Friday dinner time when I pulled in for a break.

Nice 141 Sam ,not over baked in crap either .

Congratulations and thanks to Ashley for organising such an interesting day for everybody, both for us old ME drivers and to all the enthusiasts who attended.