G M HECTOR

Was havin a chat with an ex driver mate of mine earlier and the name george hector cropped up anyone remember this firm they used to do greece?

got atruck magazine with a story about one of his magnums going to greece when someone tells me how to post pictures i will post it up

yeah that rings a bell.

he was based at dartford i think had 4 or 5 motors?

I went for a job with this firm in the mid 90s, as i recall they had a load of tag axle Magnums, white cabs with red or blue chassis & a matching trailer. they ran out of Truckworld in Thurrock doing Greece.
i never got as far as the interview as while i was waiting in ‘reception’ i heard George on the phone screaming obscenities to a driver waiting for a boat to Greece, i thought to myself that i would be turning that lorry around & seeing if Mr Hector was as brave face to face if i was on the end of that phone, so it was exit stage left for me. i used to speak to a few of the drivers & none of them had too many complaints, but then again who admits that they have a crap job!

newmercman:
but then again who admits that they have a crap job!

me i have a really ■■■■ job but it will do for another 6 months. :confused: :confused: :confused:

i used to run out of the same yard (Truckworld) so heard all about the way they ran from the drivers, and it wasn’t good. Can’t remember how it packed up, I THINK i remember being told he went pop. I have some pics somewhere of the trucks, if i can find them i will stick em on here.

dreva:
got atruck magazine with a story about one of his magnums going to greece when someone tells me how to post pictures i will post it up

dreva,
You have a PM

i was sat in patra with 1 of his drivers he was on his first trip & his diesel card had been refused he was payin 4 fuel with his own credit card & no wages had been paid in 2 his bank. but he was a nice bloke & would’nt leave the truck. i offer him a lift home sayin u can sit at home & earn nothing .

Didn’t the tax man or VAT man close him down in the end.

sorry it took so long to put it up :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

ha ha keep em coming.