Back in the old days

This was my first truck, after leaving the Army, working for an O/D runing to Greece and back for Davis Turner in the early 90’s, great times had at Corinth, and on the beach at Patras…1st time over the pass out of Ignomista (Not on spell check?) was fun :open_mouth:

Nice clean truck to start your career with too. Where were you based in UK?

We ran out of Horsham, Sussex, and mainly used the Davis Turner depot at Dartford. Yeah she was a little rough round the edges when i got her, but a litlle TLC had her looking great, and the truck washes were ■■■■ cheap

As trubrit said that is a nice clean sweet motor mate :sunglasses:

its igoumenitsa - remember going over there and it being blazing hot when we got off the boat, and people SKIING up the top :confused:

This post needs pictures of the beach in Glyfada :stuck_out_tongue:

Oi Box Shifter
(Early Nineties)
Do you know Nick King and David Nye by any chance ?
Nick used to pull for DT doing Greece in a 2800 six legger SpaceCab, then he came over to Astran and I took him down on his first trip to Doha.Whilst I stayed down there on internals for about 9 Months, he was to-ing and fro-ing with David Nye doing sellers for a while. After that he went on the Oil Rigs in Qatar.
I lived at his house for a while, then got a flat in Broadbridge heath. I used to park in Searles Yard.

Wheelnut
Those long days and nights in Glyfada !! Loads of Amstel and Retsina at Georges Restaurant and in the Pub. What was the name of that pub ■■ My memory fails me.
GS

Wheel Nut:
This post needs pictures of the beach in Glyfada :stuck_out_tongue:

Yep, then we can all walk up to the Essex bar or the Sussex bar and have a few beers.

I remember a girl called Sue who worked in one of the bars, and a ■■■■■■■■■ American called Frank who was a self appointed bouncer.

I had pictures of John Dee, and BRS Northern trucks lined up outside. They have disappeared along with the memories.