Fuel runs to france

was wondering how much you save ppl on filling up over the water :question:

A lot less than you used to, diesel in Belgium is now up to €0.99 per litre, at the exchange rate on my fuel invoices this week that is 68 ppl. You can claim back the 21% VAT from the Belgians though.

Most people who do go on the fuel runs run up to Belgium to tank because their diesel is cheaper than the French.

I run to belgium and fill up at Adinkerke.Thats 45 mins from the train terminal.

I am paying 94 cents at the moment and on my last bill this worked out at .53ppl ex vat. (worked out by dividing the Uk billed amount by the litres bought)

My vat is repaid monthly the month after I pay it

The current Uk rate for bunkered fuel from the same company is .742ppl so I save £0.212ppl

£0.212 x 1500lt (size of fuel tank) = £318

I only fill up 2 out of every 3 fills so for 3 weeks worth of fuel I pay

Deduct £130 for the train then that comes to £170

Because I only fill up 2 out of every 3 weeks my average fuel bill is

3,000lt (2 trips) @ £0.53 = £1590 + £260 (train) £1850
in the Uk it would be
3,000lt @ £0.742 = £2226

I also get £16.50 (cash value) put on a points card everytime I fill up

It’s not an exact science but a difference of £0.20ppl is on the limit of it being worth going over for.The price in belgium is actually rising faster than it is here (but is still a fair bit cheaper than france) When I first started going over the difference was about £0.26ppl

I hope that answeres your question Jammbo

Sorry nearly forgot if you go by ferry it is only £85 but that is after 12.00 noon on a Saturday and adds at least 2 hours to the journey so I stick to the train.

Sean,

Did you not say to me one time you pay a driver to do your fuel runs?
Also how much extra KM’s and general wear and tear do you make on you truck going to Belguim for fuel to save £376?

I now have an arrangement with my driver re being paid for the trip.

I was giving the figures as if I did it myself as I was assuming that Jammo would be doing it himself.

If I started to add things that wouldn’t be relative to him it would just confuse things.

The extra wear & tear is negligable as we go over bobtail.

Have you ever thought of goin to Lux to fuel ?Cheaper than Belgium albeit longer journey. You could just top up in Blegium on yer way hme. for the hassle,it would be worth it.

Fuel in Lux broke 80 cents per litre this week, cost me 80.4 cpl when I filled up yesterday. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Coffeeholic:
Fuel in Lux broke 80 cents per litre this week, cost me 80.4 cpl when I filled up yesterday. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

fuelserv bill that came thismorning was 74.33ppl (+VAT) :imp:

does that 80cents include the VAT :question:

It includes VAT at 15% Denis, I’ll get that back minus the recovery agent’s commission in a couple of week’s time.

Does anybody ever cross just to buy fuel? A lot of Canadian trucks used to transit through the states for the sole purpose of buying cheaper fuel.

They do Alexx, on Saturdays and Sundays there is a steady procession of trucks, without trailers, crossing solely for the purpose of buying fuel. The ferry companies and the train offer special deals on tickets for this purpose I believe.

Many would also take the opportunity to stock up on beer, wine, tobacco products and maybe even hit one of the supermarkets for food products as well. Large boxes of washing powder and dishwasher tablets are another popular purchase.