Current European fuel prices

Can anyone tell me whats the litre price for diesel in the Calais/Belgian border area is at the moment?.Wondering whether it’s worth bouncing over there for a a fill-up,(1600 litres).We haven’t been European for a couple of months so I’m a bit out of touch.

In Calais it was IIRC about e1.22
In Adinkerke it was IIRC about e1.12.

I my opinion it’s not really worth going over time you have paid ferries, wages and fuel to get there and wear and tear,even ■■■■ are £30 for 200.

Ben9:
In Calais it was IIRC about e1.22
In Adinkerke it was IIRC about e1.12.

I my opinion it’s not really worth going over time you have paid ferries, wages and fuel to get there and wear and tear,even ■■■■ are £30 for 200.

Thanks Ben.Is that the advertised pump price,or the price before the VAT?.If it’s + VAT it’s only 5p/litre less than we’re paying now,but if it’s VAT inclusive thats a lot cheaper.
Lance

They were pump price 2 weeks before xmas. I don’t know if it’s changed much or if anybody has more upto date prices. The Calais price was at ELF in Z.I.Marcel Doret. I dare say it will be cheaper at the hypermarket just down the road from there.

try this site for france–

l ons favorites - Mes itinéraires
Veuillez entrer votre identifiant
et votre mot de passe

Adresse de messagerie :

Mot de passe :

Mot de passe perdu Aide - Stations favorites Aller à l’accueil
Fermer
liste des résultatscarte des résultats
19 points de vente
imprimer IMPRIMER
Commune ordre croissantordre décroissant Nom du point de vente Marque Gazole Mise à jour du Gazole Ajouter aux favoris Plan
Calais AUCHAN CALAIS LES 2 CAPS Auchan 1,189 28/12/07 Voir le Plan
Calais BP CALAIS PETIT COURGAIN BP 1,229 10/01/08 Voir le Plan
Calais BP CALAIS VIRVAL BP 1,229 10/01/08 Voir le Plan
Calais CALAIS NORD AUTOMOBILES ET CIE Esso 1,242 09/01/08 Voir le Plan
Calais CARREFOUR CALAIS MIVOIX Carrefour 1,177 11/01/08 Voir le Plan
Calais DUQUENOY SARL Shell 1,280 04/12/07 Voir le Plan
Calais ETS CARON Indépendant sans enseigne 1,260 05/12/07 Voir le Plan
Calais GARAGE GEORGE V Esso 1,220 09/01/08 Voir le Plan
Calais INTERMARCHE CALAIS Intermarché 1,199 03/01/08 Voir le Plan
Calais CHAMPION Champion 1,177 11/01/08 Voir le Plan

the above is just a sample from the garages at CALAIS: TRY LOOKING
at TRANS-TOP.com for any more info about fuel, also try asking
your fuelcard provider what they are chargeing abroad to see
if you can get it cheaper,IDS seems to be one of the cheapest
around

brit pete:
try this site for france–

Prix des carburants en France, site gouvernemental

Thanks Pete.Just a quick look at that shows a 6 pence a litre saving even if we pay cash and forgo claiming back the VAT.Not enough to warrant a trip over there just for that,but very interesting just the same.
Thanks again,
Lance

Up in the Euro Drivers Info Point, there’s a link to IDS’s site. They have a Euro fuel price comparison page, up-dated daily.

I can’t be 100% sure (because I haven’t looked at it recently), but I think they have the prices listed before VAT is applied, the VAT rate for that country and the total price per litre.

Simon:
Up in the Euro Drivers Info Point, there’s a link to IDS’s site. They have a Euro fuel price comparison page, up-dated daily.

I can’t be 100% sure (because I haven’t looked at it recently), but I think they have the prices listed before VAT is applied, the VAT rate for that country and the total price per litre.

I looked at the IDS site a bit earlier:looks like a good card to have as for some countries it’s the same price all over,(Belgium for instance).Wasn’t impressed with the GB price though,it seemed to be £1.01 per litre + VAT!!!.Even DKV is cheaper than that,although we’d only ever use that here in an emergency

If you are using proper fuel cards, like AS24, LOMO, Eurotraffic, Shell or IDS you can nominate a particular site, normally unmanned where you will be able to negotiate a special price or discount.