Fuel Protest

On the 3rd of July there will be a nationwide fuel protest involving hauliers, couriers, driving schools and the general public we are looking for ur support to make a stand we would like u to unite with us and help lower Fuel Duty as u are aware there is an emergency budget being held on the 22nd of june where we all know fuel duty is set to rise pushing more hauliers and self employed people out of business ive watched a number of hauliers go under due to rising fuel costs dont let this happen to u join us and make a stand

You should have lobbied your MP before May the 6th,it won’t work now,because there’s always some that will undercut others and carry on working regardless of the price of fuel.
Haulage is far to cheap,thats why goods are imported into this country from all over Europe,if transport costs were dearer,more goods would be manufactured here.

Doing it on a Saturday? Waste of time. If you want to make a proper statement and get people to listen to you, then do it at 8am on a Monday morning.

hammer:
Doing it on a Saturday? Waste of time. If you want to make a proper statement and get people to listen to you, then do it at 8am on a Monday morning.

Agree :smiley:

This is just the first of many Fuel protests this one is to have public support then the next ones are for to show that we wont just go quietly into the night

where are these strikes to be held or is that yet to be confirmed ?

pm me if you’de like

hammer:

Mondays and Fridays always a good day to make a stand in transport…we all know the Friday feeling when trying to get subbies or even your own work done. :unamused:

but surely if you block the traffic you’re just going to annoy the people that you want support from ( the public)

After the protests of 2000, the government made law changes where the operators licence of trucks engaging in blockades and/or go slows can be withdrawn. Therefore I cannot see you getting the support you may think will be there.
As much as I agree it would be nice to make a stand, my trucks will not be involved in any way, I can do without vosa pulling my brief.

Perhaps the answer is similar to ‘work to rule’.

Say everyone does 30-35mph on single carriageways and say 45mph on dualcarriageways and motorways. The police couldn’t do anything if you went fast enough to be legal but slow enough to be a pain in the arse and make your point.

wow something fun happend on my birthday apart from rain for once