Fuel Protest

Just heard there is going to be a truckers protest over the price of fuel.
Leaving Spalding and heading to London on 29th
transaction-2007.com/
dont know if it will do any good - probably not.
Best thing is to boycott London for a month and leave all the stores without goods - that may make a difference.

thats not a protest.
protests dont ask for permission.
the police had a protest a while back,held in london,to fight for wage increases.
they asked for the public to back them.
i thought this was a sick joke on their behalf.
they like to operate a police state in the uk as far as i can see.
ellesmere port was a proper protest ,i think it was 6 years ago.
they stopped the fuel and the country.
blair said it was not right for a group to hold the country to ransom.
why not i wonder?
the governments of all the countries hold the haulage industry to ransom.
time to fight back now although i am not a haulier anymore.
the fuel prices keep wages down.
and get the police off our backs over silly small tacho infringments.
we,the drivers have the power.
just a matter of keeping together.

I’m fed up of these people demonstrating about how hard it is for hauliers to survive with high fuel prices.

Yes it is putting strain on the industry but they are campaigning for a rebate for themselves.

The problem is that we should be campaigning for a reduction in fuel duty for everyone. I have just put petrol in my car so that I can go to work tomorrow and try and earn a decent living. I have just had to pay 109.9 per litre.

I live in a rural area and public transport does not run at 4am to get me to work and even if it did it would work out even more expensive.

How will the haulage industry survive when their drivers can’t afford to get to work?

Sometimes I think I’d be better off on the dole :frowning:

Well diesel is 120.9 for me now, still rising by 1-2p a week. Why keep increasing it though, without tax it’d be about 40p a litre, by making it unaffordable they’re crippling their own country in the name of what?

news.uk.msn.com/Article.aspx?cp- … id=8192055

enough is enough I think! they need to reduce the tax , rumour has it that it will be £1.50 per litre, that will be in excees of a 60% increase since last year, enough to sink most

madtrucker:
I have just had to pay 109.9 per litre.
(
[/quote]

well you have it cheaper, it was 117.9 by me at Tescos on Sat, Yesterday , it was 119.9, i expect it will be over 121.9 by next sat when I get back!

How will the haulage industry survive when their drivers can’t afford to get to work?

Easy.It won’t,and more and more foreigners will come over here with their cheap diesel,untrained drivers,dangerous vehicles etc etc,because we,the British public,want everything on the cheap.

We want cheap food,cheap clothes,cheap tv’s,but we don’t want to pay British workers to manufactuer it,sell it,deliver it at British rates.We are,as once was quoted,a nation of shopkeepers,yet we were once the envy of the world.Now we’re just a laughing stock.

The fact is,that this industry is also crippling itself,because nobody will stick together,simple.It’s not rocket science.

Sure,the Truckfests and other shows are a great meeting place over a beer or two,but they should also be used to unite for the good of transport.Just think of the number of signatures you could get,and present to no.10.

Our government doesn’t help either,because while we play by the rules,others don’t,and the government hasn’t got the backbone to stand up to these unelected european tossers,and fight our corner.God knows what our parents/grandparents would be thinking now,after fighting 2 world wars for this country,only now to see it being systematically taken over by the back door,and destroyed by the very people who are supposed to look after it. (However there are local elections this week,and in the not too distant future,a general election. :wink: )

As someone who has been in this industry man and boy,and knows nothing else,it saddens me to see this once mighty industry crumbling around us,and before too long,there won’t be a PROUD BRITISH ROAD TRANSPORT INDUSTRY to speak of.

Rant over. :angry:

Ken.

well a couple of firms are doing really well despite the economy shrinking…

news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7372509.stm

I cant see rates increasing because then if they do goods will go up which will then cause inflation to rise which will then cause interest rates to rise which will then cause…well work it out… and its all inflicted by who ? Mankind…thats who… people at the start of the chain are causing it all…

And due to high oil prices BP and Shell have just posted record profits for the first quarter of this year.

Nothing to do with the price of oil I dont suppose??

Or profiteering??

Kiowan:
Well diesel is 120.9 for me now, still rising by 1-2p a week. Why keep increasing it though, without tax it’d be about 40p a litre, by making it unaffordable they’re crippling their own country in the name of what?

40p a litre■■?
the goverment hasnt made the prices go from 90p a litre a few months ago to 109-9p now, thats the oil sellers…
no tax has gone on petrol sonce last october i think
were shafted, has petrol ever gone down■■? i cant remember it, and if oil goes below 100$ a barrell will petrol again go below £1 a litre?? again will it bugger,. and thats not the goverment but the sellers.

I bet the Government is laughing all the way to the bank with the fuel increases - their tax % of course goes up.

May be Shell & BP should put some of their massive profits back into the pump prices.

How many garages have been bumping up prices on top of the Grangemouth shut down - garages south of the M62 should not have been affected by Grangemouth and I know round here all our fuel comes from Immingham.

Noticed last week every day the price was going up by 1p per litre.

Maybe the governement should re think about charging foreign trucks to us the UK roads and/or restrict the amount of fuel they can bring into the UK as they used to do in France etc.

i went a garage yesterday on the way to work, all pumps bar super unleaded, 117-9 a litre were taped up!! woman said no normal petrol, so didnt bother.
this same garage seemed to be selling unleaded at 6am!!! despite the fact no tanker had brought any petrol to em!!!
thats utter greed!!! and a station i wont use again… besides the woman behind the counter, is a boot and misery anyhow:)

The Biker:
I bet the Government is laughing all the way to the bank with the fuel increases - their tax % of course goes up.

Of course they will be,as it’ll plug the so called black hole in their coffers.

The Biker:
May be Shell & BP should put some of their massive profits back into the pump prices.

You’ve more chance of platting ■■■■.

The Biker:
How many garages have been bumping up prices on top of the Grangemouth shut down - garages south of the M62 should not have been affected by Grangemouth and I know round here all our fuel comes from Immingham.

Noticed last week every day the price was going up by 1p per litre.

Same around here.

The Biker:
Maybe the governement should re think about charging foreign trucks to us the UK roads and/or restrict the amount of fuel they can bring into the UK as they used to do in France etc.

See comment 2.

Ken.

madtrucker:
[

Sometimes I think I’d be better off on the dole :frowning:

if fuel keeps going up that’s where a lot of drivers will be :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

FUEL PROTEST :exclamation: :exclamation: - nothing will happen and those on the protest will just be wasting fuel :open_mouth:

Best way of making a protest is do NOTHING, DONT buy fuel, sit in the lorry(positioned in a awkward place :stuck_out_tongue: ) and dont drive anywhere, Although people dont realise it, the world relies on drivers whether its in a lorry or a van or a car. Everyone should have a week off and watch the pm’s face when he gets no money for a week :stuck_out_tongue: That way the treasury wont be gettin 80(+/-)p per litre of fuel. ROBBING GITS THE LOT OF THEM.

TRUCKERS UNITED…thats the name of the union i`m starting…everyone on this site can join for £5 a year…Owner drivers £10 a year…and this the way…

All members of the union shall receive a minimum living wage
A decent place to park, safe, secure, with all facilities
A fair working day, that doesnt include 15 hours
Half a day saturday as overtime, and no sunday working, as there is no need for supermarkets to open on a sunday, except to increase their profits…

Owner drivers/hauliers will receive a minimum £2 per mile on national work
and £4 for international.
All foreign hauliers will be asked to pay £10 per day whilst in the country, and the money used to improve ameneties for everybody.
There will be a minimum amount of fuel allowed into the country of 400 litres, and a fuel tax implemented for excess.

All the above will be open to negotiation with government authorities, drivers representatives, and hauliers.

All fees are on a cash basis only or postal/money orders and are to be made payable to myself, and sent to the following address.

The dodgy looking guy with sun glasses/panama hat and 2 page 3 birds
The Beach House
Royal Bahamas Beach
Bahama Mama
Honduras

truckyboy:
TRUCKERS UNITED…thats the name of the union i`m starting…everyone on this site can join for £5 a year…Owner drivers £10 a year…and this the way…

All members of the union shall receive a minimum living wage
A decent place to park, safe, secure, with all facilities
A fair working day, that doesnt include 15 hours
Half a day saturday as overtime, and no sunday working, as there is no need for supermarkets to open on a sunday, except to increase their profits…

Owner drivers/hauliers will receive a minimum £2 per mile on national work
and £4 for international.
All foreign hauliers will be asked to pay £10 per day whilst in the country, and the money used to improve ameneties for everybody.
There will be a minimum amount of fuel allowed into the country of 400 litres, and a fuel tax implemented for excess.

All the above will be open to negotiation with government authorities, drivers representatives, and hauliers.

All fees are on a cash basis only or postal/money orders and are to be made payable to myself, and sent to the following address.

The dodgy looking guy with sun glasses/panama hat and 2 page 3 birds
The Beach House
Royal Bahamas Beach
Bahama Mama
Honduras

Do you need a company secretary by any chance? :laughing: :laughing:

Ken.

stormnation:
Best way of making a protest is do NOTHING, DONT buy fuel, sit in the lorry(positioned in a awkward place :stuck_out_tongue: ) and dont drive anywhere, Although people dont realise it, the world relies on drivers whether its in a lorry or a van or a car. Everyone should have a week off and watch the pm’s face when he gets no money for a week :stuck_out_tongue: That way the treasury wont be gettin 80(+/-)p per litre of fuel. ROBBING GITS THE LOT OF THEM.

That won’t work either cos all those who don’t buy for a week in protest either fill up before or go out and fill the following week so neither the government or oil companies have lost a bean.

It’s a no win situation for the common man on the street, all you can do is what I’ve decided today. The car is being parked up, I’m off out to buy a mountain bike and from now on the car just won’t be used if I can avoid it.