Fuel Protest

122.9 ppl :open_mouth: today at shell, yesterday same garage was 117.9 ppl :confused: , one of the largest garages round here has sold out, with others struggling to get tanked up. people seem to be panic buying not because of Grangemouth but because of the astronomical, unjustifiable price increases daily.

Look on the bright side, all the green tree huggers must be delighted.

Hope they are still as happy when fuel increases filter through to the shops.

itā€™s ā– ā– ā– ā– , we all know that :unamused:

What can anyone do though? Yes, itā€™s a nice thought that we all get together and YES Iā€™m sure if every hgv driver (or at least most) in the country did something weā€™d have a good deal of clout but do what exactly!?

I suppose if we said tomorow (for argumentā€™s sake) at 10:00hrs we all stop where we are (even if it is half way down the Msuch&such), just stop dead and switch off for 5hrs, thatā€™d have the powers that beā€™s attention, the threat of a longer repeat would work well too. Then weā€™d need to be careful what we asked for and weā€™d probably all be dubbed terrorists :laughing:

I donā€™t suppose it would be easy either; I intend to change jobs soon (same again but pastures new) but those that have a job theyā€™re happy with would be reluctant to do much because of the risk of loosing it. Those that were happy to take the risk (or had their employerā€™s backing) would ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  the roads anyway so trucks that didnā€™t want to take part would be forced to anyway :wink:

Can britain not support itself fuel-wise then? I ran a diesel car on 50/50 diesel and neat veg oil for nearly two years without incident , and emmisions-wise it burned cleaner and had more power (veg oil is higher octane than diesel!) there must be a better way, I think the politicianā€™s are too happy lining their pockets to give a toss about the state the countryā€™s in.

I refuse to vote because, frankly, theyā€™re all as bad as one another so it doesnā€™t make any difference. Maybe every voter in the country should, whenever possible, vote on matters instead of letting people decide for us;

Weā€™re thinking about going to war with iraq, hereā€™s the facts and figures weā€™ve got - itā€™s up to you.

Our hospitals are struggling financially, we need some extra cash from tax payers, it can be;

1p per litre on fuel
6p on a pint of beer
or Ā£1.50 on road tax.
Which?

and so on, surely thatā€™s a true democracy?

Sorry, rant over :laughing:

auto censor dodge removed ā€¦Denis F

I agree with pretty much all the posts.

However,

why the ā– ā– ā– ā–  do we have the FTA and RHA both disowning the protest with only the RHA having the obviously pre-pubescent balls to issue a statement of how hard it was for UK haulage firms to compete.

As for the FTA I came through the tunnel and listened to the news on my return to blighty only to listen to the kent ā– ā– ā– ā–  rip any purpose of the debate/protest into shreds.

Iā€™ve said before on this site and will say again, screw the RHA and the FTA they do not support the haulage industry in any way shape or form. Time to create an actual haulage voice and if anyone in any of the organisations has the balls to defend their position come on here and do it.

If you have RHA or RTA stickers on your wagons rip them off now, the ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  do nothing for us and never have done. :imp:

The ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  have had the last wine and cheese evening from these bones, I hope more do the same :imp: :imp: :imp:

4 auto censor dodges removed , please read the forum rules ā€¦Denis F

wonder if the dutch or other foreign companys need any drivers as they are the ones who are going to be better off than this stinking hole :smiling_imp:

The Biker:
I bet the Government is laughing all the way to the bank with the fuel increases - their tax % of course goes up.

Yes then they can continue to fund schools, the NHS, local councils, libraries etc etc, all the things that you use/need everyday to survive!

bet the Government is laughing all the way to the bank with the fuel increases - their tax % of course goes up.

Yes then they can continue to fund schools, the NHS, local councils, libraries etc etc, all the things that you use/need everyday to survive

the government grant to councills has fallen over the last few years, thats one reason that council tax has increased.
Yes the government need money to pay for all the services we require but that is what the Budget is about.
The extra money the Gā€™ment is getting through the increased VAT on fuel costs is a bonus, and could be used to reduce the amount of duty on fuel.
In some countries the chancellor sets out his budget, allowing a certain amount of revenue required from fuel sales and then if the cost of fuel goes up or down the amount of tax taken is adjusted to compensate , so that at the end of the year the Govā€™ment has taken only what it planned at the beginning of the year.
thus , Mr Darling COULD use this present windfall to do away with the proposed 2p increase in October

My point is: when people complain about the taxes being so high and that the govā€™ts coffers are being filled - where do they think that money really goes?

nichia:
My point is: when people complain about the taxes being so high and that the govā€™ts coffers are being filled - where do they think that money really goes?

It goes on the lazy zb s claiming disability that are fitter than I am; with a budget of billions itā€™s also easy to lose a few hundred grand here and there, like in a nice house in Kent or a nice pad in the City; it goes on child benefit for kids not within these shores; it goes on repairing useless tossersā€™ wilful damage in their council houses; it goes to fund a multitude of mickey mouse graduates to run the NHS; how about funding, in full, the living expenses for financial asylum seekers, who are richer than I am; billions is 'lost in the defence budget, it must be, when we canā€™t give our troops the basic equipment to do the bloody awful job theyā€™re tasked with; it certainly isnā€™t spent on the elderly, thats left to charities, or relatives; Police maybe,donā€™t think so, youā€™ve got PCSOā€™s patrolling at 11 am, when little dole dossing ASBO tow rags are fast asleep, you wonā€™t see one round here after 6pm; Schools, yeh right, ask a school kid what the 3 rā€™s are and theyā€™ll say Rob, Riot and ā– ā– ā– ā– ; Transport, yeh ok, all that the goverment see are Ā£Ā£Ā£Ā£Ā£Ā£Ā£ from Mr honest Joe Bloggs, oh and they pay lip service to any real issue, then lose it in beaurocracy; Enviroment, more Ā£Ā£Ā£Ā£Ā£Ā£Ā£Ā£Ā£Ā£Ā£ on the pretence of tackling emissions etc, yeah ok, then why ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  the manufacturing in the UK sending the contracts to Far East and former Soviet Bloc countries where there are no ā€˜greenā€™ regulations. you canā€™t offset the carbon footprint of the whole world you tossers; Human rights donā€™t get me startedā€¦

Iā€™m looking forward to all these extra services weā€™ll be getting now the government is getting this extra duty, how long do you think i will have to wait before i notice some benefitsā– ā– ?

Yes then they can continue to fund schools, the NHS, local councils, libraries etc etc, all the things that you use/need everyday to survive!

are you some kind of mug?

it goes to fitting the kitchens in the houses of the robbing ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  running the country at the moment.

i really am ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  sick of this government now.

It doesnā€™t matter who lives at number 10 or 11, once theyā€™re there, they forget why theyā€™re there, who their bosses are, all they see is a bloody expensive (for you and Me) meal ticket for, at least, the next 4/5 years.

i really am [zb] sick of this government now.

so vote for the other guys next time :smiley:

Controversially speaking,but isā€™nt it time we binned off the UK government and joined the EU properley???handing over all the tax raising powers and sovereignty??At least then we will be the same as all the other EU countries on a level playing field,wasā€™nt that what was intended in the end??
instead we are paying 2 goverments,one of which moves from Brussells to Strasbourg every few weeks and one in Westminster,get rid of the bell ends in Westminster thus saving Millions and just ploughing it into the 1 Bureaucratic Gravy Train. :angry: :angry:

ā– ā– ā– ā–  Nostalgia,Good old Blighty and the ā€˜Brits with their stiff upper lipā€™ has long gone,now its the Brits with their house and car they cant afford and massive debts. :wink:
if you cant beat them join them (properley)this countrys had it,its certainly not ā€˜Greatā€™ anymore,and it hasā€™nt been for a long time and like has been written previously is a bit of a laughing stock.
We keep hearing that the Europeans are better off for quality of life,less working hours,more holidays etc what are we waiting for??

Sounds a good idea to me as im writing this :wink: Im certainly no patriot,I wasā€™nt even born here. :wink: :laughing:

nichia:

i really am [zb] sick of this government now.

so vote for the other guys next time :smiley:

Doesnā€™t matter who you vote for the government still get in.

rule britannia britannia all the way .
mr brown , gord
you are ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  killing us .
dear mr brown please get a grip .
suicide sounds good to me
tax it :laughing:

MADBAZ:

nichia:

It goes on the lazy zb s claiming disability that are fitter than I am; with a budget of billions itā€™s also easy to lose a few hundred grand here and there, like in a nice house in Kent or a nice pad in the City; it goes on child benefit for kids not within these shores; it goes on repairing useless tossersā€™ wilful damage in their council houses; it goes to fund a multitude of mickey mouse graduates to run the NHS; how about funding, in full, the living expenses for financial asylum seekers, who are richer than I am; billions is 'lost in the defence budget, it must be, when we canā€™t give our troops the basic equipment to do the bloody awful job theyā€™re tasked with; it certainly isnā€™t spent on the elderly, thats left to charities, or relatives; Police maybe,donā€™t think so, youā€™ve got PCSOā€™s patrolling at 11 am, when little dole dossing ASBO tow rags are fast asleep, you wonā€™t see one round here after 6pm; Schools, yeh right, ask a school kid what the 3 rā€™s are and theyā€™ll say Rob, Riot and ā– ā– ā– ā– ; Transport, yeh ok, all that the goverment see are Ā£Ā£Ā£Ā£Ā£Ā£Ā£ from Mr honest Joe Bloggs, oh and they pay lip service to any real issue, then lose it in beaurocracy; Enviroment, more Ā£Ā£Ā£Ā£Ā£Ā£Ā£Ā£Ā£Ā£Ā£ on the pretence of tackling emissions etc, yeah ok, then why ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  the manufacturing in the UK sending the contracts to Far East and former Soviet Bloc countries where there are no ā€˜greenā€™ regulations. you canā€™t offset the carbon footprint of the whole world you tossers; Human rights donā€™t get me startedā€¦

Bloody good rant Baz.

Donā€™t suppose you would like to stand for Parliament would you? :laughing: :laughing:

Ken.

ashbyspannerman:
Iā€™m looking forward to all these extra services weā€™ll be getting now the government is getting this extra duty, how long do you think i will have to wait before i notice some benefitsā– ā– ?

go on the dole then you will see an immediate change to your standard of living

Go on the dole??

So then iā€™ll be sitting on me arris all day, eating crap food, whilst reading crap newspapers, havin a kip when i feel like it. Smokin way too many roll ups??

Hang on!! iā€™m doin it allreadyā€¦except iā€™m required to do a bit of driving. :laughing:

Koop:
Go on the dole??

So then iā€™ll be sitting on me arris all day, eating crap food, whilst reading crap newspapers, havin a kip when i feel like it. Smokin way too many roll ups??

Hang on!! iā€™m doin it allreadyā€¦except iā€™m required to do a bit of driving. :laughing:

FPMSL. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Ken.