FUEL PROTEST

I recieved the following text message this evening.

I am organising a fuel price protest next monday 12th at 8am on the A47 at Norwich. If you are interested in taking part give me a shout & forward this text 2 any other hauliers who would join us. Gary Cooper. 07977078861.

I rang Gary and asked how much support he had, he feels sure that there will be a strong turn out, maybe as many as 400. This rolling road block may spill on to other routes. Is this the last chance that some of us may get■■?

Good luck Rob…the more protests the better

This rolling road block may spill on to other routes

The only place that might work is near the houses of parliament or perhaps anywhere inside the M25. Other than that you are just upsetting and delaying the innocent public. IMHO.

IMO - a waste of time (and fuel) - I’ll give odds of 1,000 to 1 that nothing changes from this action.

Agreed

But I wish luck to anyone who takes part.

The government have no wish to cap rising fuel prices at the moment because to the revenue the extract from it.

good luck to everyone who takes part. The most i’m able to do is happily sit in whatever traffic chaos is caused.
I disagree with everyone who says it won’t achieve anything we should be more like the french. Would they put up with what we do? The answer is no they’d block every port and bring to country to a stand still.

Yes. forget it!
Like many many on here have said.
It’s all f’ing over for this industry.
I just switch off now when I hear the moaning at a rdc etc.
I passed my c+e last year and I do the odd weekend agency work.
I was hoping to go full time (I’d love become a full time driver) but after listening and seeing what is going on in the field…
I think I’ll just stay weekend agency.
Before you slate me…
Search for some of my posts.
I’m not getting worked up any more!
All I’ve got to say is…
Bend over and stick a sign up saying…
INSERT HERE.

Mr B:
good luck to everyone who takes part. The most i’m able to do is happily sit in whatever traffic chaos is caused.
I disagree with everyone who says it won’t achieve anything we should be more like the french. Would they put up with what we do? The answer is no they’d block every port and bring to country to a stand still.

IMO - the only way anything will be achieved is if ALL the drivers stopped working and that will never happen

Oh please! With the greatest of respect Mr Lebowski!

You say

“It’s all f’ing over for this industry”

and yet you’ve only had your licence a few months, and you only do the “odd weekend on agency work”!
Sorry, hate to sound like I’m patronising you here - but how much could you possibly know about this industry through your extremely limited experience?

You say you switch off, when you hear the moaning of other drivers. You can afford to switch off - your livelihood and welfare obviously isn’t dependent on this industry!

Forget the sign - just bend over and stick your head back in the sand!

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Mr B:

you forgot to insert your smiley to indicate the joke :laughing: :laughing:

I text gary he say most defo will be on.
.A47 is a busy road dont forget and there is a fuel depot near wymondham on the A11…

Is this going to be another “inform the police first and let everybody go to work and do stuff as normal whilst we protest at the side of the road jobbies”■■ Or is it full blown “block the road and sod the world”■■

I personally agree with ROG but i think the whole country should come to a complete standstill! Except that would have serious reprocussions(sp) :unamused: :angry:

jayeastanglia
A47 is a busy road dont forget and there is a fuel depot near wymondham on the A11…

This fuel depot only stores Kerosene…home heating oil, and red diesel. So will not have any affect on the protest.
The only way to bring this to the Goverments attention is for the big hauliers to get involved and for all drivers to stop work for a week.

xjrv8:
jayeastanglia
A47 is a busy road dont forget and there is a fuel depot near wymondham on the A11…

This fuel depot only stores Kerosene…home heating oil, and red diesel. So will not have any affect on the protest.
The only way to bring this to the Goverments attention is for the big hauliers to get involved and for all drivers to stop work for a week.

It wouldn’t take a week, more like 48 hours and we’d have anarchy, bout time we started doing things the french way.

i’m sorry to say i won’t be on the protest, after much consideration i can’t afford to spoil my 2 year relationship with Bartrums although i fully agree with what the plan is.

personally i don’t own a truck and neither can i decide where my truck goes on any given day but if i do get sent into that part of the world i’ll try to time my arrival with the start of the protest. I’m happy to make the traffic jam 60 ft longer and toot my horn in support.
Vive la truckers!

i ll be working in suffolk and north essex…well waiting for a call…was thinking of skiving and taking my own truck up there(still planning it!!) Also i do remember the goverment saying they would take away the operators licences of any trucks who protest!! what happens if the trucks are private hgv,or what about any car drivers who protest???also why dont the tree huggers get anythin taken away from them when the stop work on new roads and sites…1 rule for them another for drivers again…

A driver is stuck in a traffic jam going into Central London .
Nothing is moving north or south.

Suddenly a man knocks on his window.

The driver rolls down his window and asks, ‘What Happened, what’s the hold up?’
'Terrorists have kidnapped Gordon Brown, Tony Blair and Alistair Darling.

They are asking for a £10 million ransom. Otherwise, they are going to douse them with petrol and set them on fire. We are going from vehicle to vehicle, taking up a collection.’

The driver asks, ‘On average, how much is everyone giving?’

'About a gallon’

ANDY1961:
Oh please! With the greatest of respect Mr Lebowski!

You say

“It’s all f’ing over for this industry”

and yet you’ve only had your licence a few months, and you only do the “odd weekend on agency work”!
Sorry, hate to sound like I’m patronising you here - but how much could you possibly know about this industry through your extremely limited experience?

You say you switch off, when you hear the moaning of other drivers. You can afford to switch off - your livelihood and welfare obviously isn’t dependent on this industry!

Forget the sign - just bend over and stick your head back in the sand!

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

I think you have got the wrong end of the stick here!

I go by reading posts on here and listening to moan after moan whilst waiting at a RDC…
It’s all over for this industry etc etc!!
Not my words but words of many other posters on here and what I hear in rdcs.
Like I said in my post, before you slate me…
Do a search for some of my other posts.
If you had, then you would of read some of the replies I got!
Read the posts!
Drivers just moan for the sake of it etc etc.
If they ain’t moaning then there is a problem etc etc.
I do agree with protesting!
Just bend over and insert is the general.
Moan moan but when the ■■■■ hits the fan no one wants to know.
I have sent letters to my MP telling how much I and others disagree with what’s going on in this country concerning unfair fuel tax \ immigration \ abolition of the 10p tax rate etc etc.
My problem is…
I do care but after reading posts and listening elsewhere I now tend to switch off.
Why should I get worked up?
And why should I want to go into this industry at the moment when it’s in such a state?
You are getting f+cked over left right and centre and drivers see this but rather than support each other and do something they rather moan and pass the buck.
Not all drivers.

BL.

IMO I think you’ll have as much success with your fuel protest as if you go out and bang your head as hard and as long as you can on the nearest kerbstone.
To take real action would be for all hauliers to just park up for a fortnight book it as a holiday.
As we already know for the haulage industry to stick together is impossible.
Haulage is just like any commodity which we all need but don’t like to pay for but there should be a set rate based on a fuel cost and any increase in cost should be reflected in the price by a percentage not as fuel has gone up 20-30 pence per litre so you may get 5-10p. Fuel should not account for more than 25%-33% of your outgoings.
Sorry for ranting on and I wish you every success with whatever protest you have but this government will only take notice when you put up your prices and completly screw their inflation figures.