Friday Night

done my usual run down to Radlett. And got a few suprises other than pulling into Watford gap services to get a coffee and chatting to Jonny Vegas at the machine. The man looks like a tramp, not as tall as he looks on the telly, and funnily enough, not as fat. Although he does have them ‘hangdog jowels’.
Anyway, M6 south into the roadworks at the M5 split, artic in front and he wants to do about 48 through the 40 roadworks, i want to do 56 as i know the specs cameras arn’t working :wink: , he’s in lane 2 and theres no one else on the road. What would you do?
Next, i’m approaching junc 2 (M6 sth bnd), all i can see ahead and in the distance is one lorry in the nearside lane and i’m gaining on him, he’s still a way off. A car passes me in lane 2 and the lorry ahead indicates to move into lane two, the car goes into lane 3 to pass and i look in mirror in anticipation of having to move out and sit behind the lorry as we pass whatever is slower in lane one. Nothing! :open_mouth: the car has passed us all, the only people on the road are me, my mate behind me and this lorry who is doing about 45mph (Irlams lorry). So i go whoosh in lane one, past him. I’m a bit worried for my mate now doing the same thing as i may have woken the Irlams driver up and he decides to pull back into lane one. What goes through their minds?

Mike-C:
What goes through their minds?

■■■■ all I have learnt in the past Irlams drivers have no mind, also i park at thurrock a lot and there are always Irlams lorries there during the day sleeping, how do they do that , it was a bloody hot summer and they are there sleeping no engine on so no aircon windows open so they can hear everything. Will not be paid enough no matter what, must be mad.

Anyway the conversation with Jonny went like :question:

probally thought he was still in specs so moved to another lane as they cant do you if you go in on one lane and come out on another, alledgelly
anyway spill the beans how can you tell the specs arnt working, mate reconds he can tell by small light flashing, i recond its just the flash of our lights as we pass, mind some nights he goes through them on the limiter :open_mouth: :open_mouth: so maybe hes right .

Johnny Vegas is not an actor. What you see is what you get! :laughing:

ady1:
probally thought he was still in specs so moved to another lane as they cant do you if you go in on one lane and come out on another, alledgelly

No, i understood that bit. The second guy i’m on about, there is no roadworks near junc 2. :confused:

ady1:
anyway spill the beans how can you tell the specs arnt working, mate reconds he can tell by small light flashing, i recond its just the flash of our lights as we pass, mind some nights he goes through them on the limiter :open_mouth: :open_mouth: so maybe hes right .

The only way i know is that i’ve been speeding through them for about four months and if i was getting a ticket i would of had one by now!

Mike-C:
done my usual run down to Radlett. And got a few suprises other than pulling into Watford gap services to get a coffee and chatting to Jonny Vegas at the machine. The man looks like a tramp, not as tall as he looks on the telly, and funnily enough, not as fat. Although he does have them ‘hangdog jowels’.
Anyway, M6 south into the roadworks at the M5 split, artic in front and he wants to do about 48 through the 40 roadworks, i want to do 56 as i know the specs cameras arn’t working :wink: , he’s in lane 2 and theres no one else on the road. What would you do?
Next, i’m approaching junc 2 (M6 sth bnd), all i can see ahead and in the distance is one lorry in the nearside lane and i’m gaining on him, he’s still a way off. A car passes me in lane 2 and the lorry ahead indicates to move into lane two, the car goes into lane 3 to pass and i look in mirror in anticipation of having to move out and sit behind the lorry as we pass whatever is slower in lane one. Nothing! :open_mouth: the car has passed us all, the only people on the road are me, my mate behind me and this lorry who is doing about 45mph (Irlams lorry). So i go whoosh in lane one, past him. I’m a bit worried for my mate now doing the same thing as i may have woken the Irlams driver up and he decides to pull back into lane one. What goes through their minds?

Your a muppet for speeding.!!!
There is a speed limit for a reason.I bet you sit on the limiter day and night,giving no regard for other road users saftey.Along with no numberplate on the trailer and a majority of bulbs out,as you cant be bothered doing a walk around check on your motor.and probably woking for peanuts.

Tony b

tonyb…:

Mike-C:

There is a speed limit for a reason.I bet you sit on the limiter day and night,giving no regard for other road users saftey.Along with no numberplate on the trailer and a majority of bulbs out,as you cant be bothered doing a walk around check on your motor.and probably woking for peanuts.

Tony b

Spot on! £50 per shift, i have to make it up somehow.

tonyb…:

Tony b

Fail the entrance exam did ya tony?

:unamused:

ady1:

The Specs cameras were only passed for covering one pair of cameras 1 at the start and 1 at the end or near the end of the roadworks, there is nothing stopping the first camera being placed to cover lane 1 and camera 2 covering lane 2 at the exit :wink: :wink: :wink:

so if the cameras were set up that way it would specifically catch the lane changers trying to avoid the cameras by switching lanes.

Davey Driver:

ady1:

The Specs cameras were only passed for covering one pair of cameras 1 at the start and 1 at the end or near the end of the roadworks, there is nothing stopping the first camera being placed to cover lane 1 and camera 2 covering lane 2 at the exit :wink: :wink: :wink:

so if the cameras were set up that way it would specifically catch the lane changers trying to avoid the cameras by switching lanes.

ill just stay in lane 1 and do limit plus 10%, i just thought mike might have a foolproof way of knowing if they work or not :wink:

Karl:

tonyb…:

Tony b

Fail the entrance exam did ya tony?

:unamused:

Youve lost me now, so i must have

Tony b