Friday blues!

NewbieNeil:
I had a touch of the Friday blues myself. After 18 months covering class 1 work I was asked to do a days Class 2 multi-drop around Sheffield. First city centre side street I tried to turn into… took it like I was in an artic and turned in far too late…Steering lock (or lack of it) Caught me out and I had to have a shunt to get round… wanted the ground to swallow me up!!!

I’m in an artic for the first time in months on Monday. Will have to remember it bends in the middle unlike my usual ride :neutral_face:

Oh well! Currently sat in mid wales waiting for Scania to come out and save me!

Just cant trust those Scanias can ya sinclair…you spend more time off road than on it…ha ha

truckyboy:
Just cant trust those Scanias can ya sinclair…you spend more time off road than on it…ha ha

This one is 12 year old and spent first part of its life as a 24hr/7day a week tractor unit on petrol. Its now been stretched into a rigid and gets rattled in the countryside all week.

She’s gets arsey though when she’s knows some one else will be taking her for a ride next week.

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
I’ve had the Friday blues today. Only because I’ve knocked the security barrier off at Wilkinsons in Worksop this morning :blush: pulled up to it while another truck was at the security hut and decided to check the paperwork whilst waiting, saw the other truck set off into the RDC and not concentrating drove off to here the clanking sound of the bar hitting the tarmac :unamused: :slight_smile:
When I got to goids in and told the lass behind the desk she said I ain’t the first and won’t be the last and proceeded to tell me someone went through it on a bike last week :laughing: Oh well [zb] happens and all that. Just a bit of wounded pride and rub tickling off the lads in the yard when I got back :smiley:

Very regular thing when I was there… unSteady Eddies main one and the flip flops - few times a month it happens - normally when drivers use the card to open the barrier outside of the cab, watch it go up, get in the cab - by the time they faff about in the cab the barrier drops (sensor in the road) then drive stright into it.

■■■■■■ off the engineers sorting it out, they don’t bother attaching the light wires back on as it only lasts a week before it gets ripped off again.

Another Scania survival bag to add to the growing collection