Friday blues!

So I’m stuck in scania Avonmouth atm with little to no hope of getting home today!

Just wanted this week to end but looks like it’s now going to run into Saturday.

Mother in law brought me down a crate of Tennents to drink. Just have to drink tonight’s half tomorrow with Saturdays half :wink:

Perfect

Id wait until the wheels have stopped turning and your safely home before cracking the brews open :stuck_out_tongue:

Lol whoops , she brought them down from Scotland to my house in Liverpool for me to drink whilst her and the wife are away.

Tennants super?
Though times…

That’s a ■■■■■ I’ll wave as I go to work tonight :wink: :wink: oh and the tea van outside bookers is open a bit later now and failing that the one at the bottom of the road will be open unless you wanna wander round to the pub :smiley:

No chance for me either.currently at llangadog,with steel still to load.
Looks like the disco shirt will be making an appearance.

nick2008:
That’s a ■■■■■ I’ll wave as I go to work tonight :wink: :wink: oh and the tea van outside bookers is open a bit later now and failing that the one at the bottom of the road will be open unless you wanna wander round to the pub :smiley:

They’ve said there is a greggs round the corner. Will walk round to that in a bit.

Wife is making me feel better by sending me photos of the beach in Portugal

commonrail:
No chance for me either.currently at llangadog,with steel still to load.
Looks like the disco shirt will be making an appearance.

Glad it’s not just me suffering. Part an parcel of the job

sinclair89:

nick2008:

They’ve said there is a greggs round the corner. Will walk round to that in a bit.

Wife is making me feel better by sending me photos of the beach in Portugal

YEp walk past Hovis then the other burger van and its on the corner. Or there’s the truck stop 5 min walk from Scania . Come out of scania go across the road opposit the security hut round the bend and its on your left .

Avonmouth Truck stop? I use it regular. Just wasn’t planning on staying out tonight [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

sinclair89:
Avonmouth Truck stop? I use it regular. /quote]
:open_mouth: you must have a good immune system :laughing: ,
I’d rather get a meal from there than junk from Griggs to be honest proper sit down relax take your time than pasty or sarnies

nick2008:

sinclair89:
Avonmouth Truck stop? I use it regular. /quote]
:open_mouth: you must have a good immune system [emoji38] ,
I’d rather get a meal from there than junk from Griggs to be honest proper sit down relax take your time than pasty or sarnies

If I get out of here soon I’ll be stopping at avonmouth truck stop. Just went to greggs for some late breakfast :wink:

It’s Friday plenty of room on the road tonight as long as you don’t need a loo :wink:

I’ve had the Friday blues today. Only because I’ve knocked the security barrier off at Wilkinsons in Worksop this morning :blush: pulled up to it while another truck was at the security hut and decided to check the paperwork whilst waiting, saw the other truck set off into the RDC and not concentrating drove off to here the clanking sound of the bar hitting the tarmac :unamused: :slight_smile:
When I got to goids in and told the lass behind the desk she said I ain’t the first and won’t be the last and proceeded to tell me someone went through it on a bike last week :laughing: Oh well ■■■■ happens and all that. Just a bit of wounded pride and rub tickling off the lads in the yard when I got back :smiley:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
I’ve had the Friday blues today. Only because I’ve knocked the security barrier off at Wilkinsons in Worksop this morning :blush: pulled up to it while another truck was at the security hut and decided to check the paperwork whilst waiting, saw the other truck set off into the RDC and not concentrating drove off to here the clanking sound of the bar hitting the tarmac :unamused: :slight_smile:
When I got to goids in and told the lass behind the desk she said I ain’t the first and won’t be the last and proceeded to tell me someone went through it on a bike last week :laughing: Oh well [zb] happens and all that. Just a bit of wounded pride and rub tickling off the lads in the yard when I got back :smiley:

:laughing: I was miles from where I was supposed to be when I was looking at a map at the lights. Saw the traffic move off out the corner of my eye and away I went… straight up the arse of a nice new rover 2000. That took some explaining (lying) and it weren’t even a Friday. :unamused:

Friday blues?
No way, I positively look forward to Friday’s until March unless the agency find me something to do for Friday’s - the factory is closed on Fridays because they’ve caught up with production :laughing: :laughing:
Last Friday I was driving a builders merchant rigid, with the regular driver operating the crane, a weird situation but there was a reason and I got paid a decent rate for doing so :sunglasses: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
It’s nice having a long weekend off :laughing: :sunglasses:

sinclair89:
Avonmouth Truck stop? I use it regular. Just wasn’t planning on staying out tonight [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Had 15 hours there Tuesday due to a planners ■■■■ up. Great roast turkey dinner + apple pie and custard puddin, I was well stuffed, felt like Christmas.

Showers are a bit weak though, ive had more powerfull golden ones… :wink:

Well I’m finally home. Well was home for 11. Time to batter in to that beer!!!

Dipper_Dave:

sinclair89:

Had 15 hours there Tuesday due to a planners ■■■■ up. Great roast turkey dinner + apple pie and custard puddin, I was well stuffed, felt like Christmas.

Showers are a bit weak though, ive had more powerfull golden ones… :wink:

I had lamb kaab or keeb last night. Was rank. Food is usually spot on there as well

I had a touch of the Friday blues myself. After 18 months covering class 1 work I was asked to do a days Class 2 multi-drop around Sheffield. First city centre side street I tried to turn into… took it like I was in an artic and turned in far too late…Steering lock (or lack of it) Caught me out and I had to have a shunt to get round… wanted the ground to swallow me up!!!