It's friday

How’s everyone’s Friday going started at 1 this morning had a 15 left text work asking if i could finish early if possible didn’t think I would get it and finished at 9 that’s how it should be

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I read this forum everyday and on Fridays I get wound up. When I was working I used to hate the phone call “Can you just nip”.

Now though I would love it, Sat in traffic, can’t get back on Friday, it would be heaven at the moment :smiley: Be careful what you wish for and take every day as a bonus that you are still able to work.

Stay lucky out there and enjoy what you have.

Start at 1900 this evening, go as passenger up to Norwich. Night out in an artists trailer, with on suite bathroom. Then drive it
back to base in Hampshire with a drivable generator. Two guaranteed 10 hour shifts, should only be 5 hours each max.
Not always like this but nice when they are. :smiley:

I was parked up a mile away from collection yesterday at 4pm for a 10am load today. Went round early and was loaded and back in yard by 1130.

Very rare that happens.

Bored…been at home for three weeks now while the missus bless her has done the driving.
Major headache turned into concussion and now theyve discovered a skull fracture above my right ear. Looks like another week off at least :frowning: Only so much you can do at home, give me the road any day…

It’s Friday, will dozy be home for his steak dinner, or be posting his usual Friday rant. :smiley:

Crewe-Wisbech-Leicester-Brum… Then finish and home into the loving legs of the wife via the offy to collect some vodka and prosecco to oil the cogs of passion.

Supposed to be collecting a load from Coventry but don’t feel like it so have rejected the job in favour of home time.

biggriffin:
It’s Friday, will dozy be home for his steak dinner, or be posting his usual Friday rant. :smiley:

I hope he’s not home I’m starving and looking forward to steak dinner

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I love my job…working for the company and not a haulage contractor has soooo many perks :stuck_out_tongue:
We’re quiet at the moment so I was stood down last Friday and Monday, did a 2 day run Tuesday and Wednesday then stood down Thursday and today :sunglasses:
Payed salary so payed the same whether I’m there or not! :bulb:

I started at 4am today and finished at 12 so a nap before the pub is on the agenda.

Started at 03.30 one hit to Swansea and back for a very local run finished by 13.30 Home by 13.40 .

Woke up about twenty minutes ago, just having my breakfast whilst the bath runs. Have a 5pm start, short nip to Brum then back. Should be done by midnight. :smiley:

I work 4 on 4 off so couldn’t care less what the days name is, as it happens I’m off tonight anyway.

Nice short night shift tonight. Up to Penrith truckstop, quick changeover, early home for 4am. Beats doing a Lockerbie and getting home at 7am on a Saturday which might be later tonight as the M6 northbound entry is closed.

Beavers at home drinking tea :wink:

Nice 6am-3pm day.

AndrewG:
Bored…been at home for three weeks now while the missus bless her has done the driving.
Major headache turned into concussion and now theyve discovered a skull fracture above my right ear. Looks like another week off at least :frowning: Only so much you can do at home, give me the road any day…

I know you say Lady G is fiery, definitely sounds like she won the round there :wink:

Seriously, hope it heals up. What were you doing to crack your skull?

nomiS36:
I love my job…working for the company and not a haulage contractor has soooo many perks :stuck_out_tongue:
We’re quiet at the moment so I was stood down last Friday and Monday, did a 2 day run Tuesday and Wednesday then stood down Thursday and today :sunglasses:

We’re a haulier not own account, it’s not unusual for standby days on full pay. Busy January and now a very quiet week :unamused:

albion:

AndrewG:

I know you say Lady G is fiery, definitely sounds like she won the round there :wink:

Seriously, hope it heals up. What were you doing to crack your skull?

Mrs G trying out her new frying pan by the sounds of it.

Quick edit; It’s Joe has just pm’d me. They met up at Appleton for a scrap and then it seems a head got bounced off a pavement.

Must have been Andrew’s :grimacing:

6am start, few drops around Halifax and Elland.

Back in yard and done 11.20. Home for 11.30

albion:

nomiS36:

We’re a haulier not own account, it’s not unusual for standby days on full pay. Busy January and now a very quiet week :unamused:

I don’t know what your hauling but we’ve found that in the building game, busy January and a quiet feb so far. Very odd, usually the other way round.