Fort William

Loading at Blyth tomoro and goin up to Fort William,then back and forwards from Blyth all week as many times as can get in.
Does anyone know what the roads are like up that way regarding the snow,never been before and some of our drivers been putting the wind up me tbh.
Never been that far north before gona get a nose bleed ha ha.

hellish probably

which route you taking?

Volvofh16:
Loading at Blyth tomoro and goin up to Fort William,then back and forwards from Blyth all week as many times as can get in.
Does anyone know what the roads are like up that way regarding the snow,never been before and some of our drivers been putting the wind up me tbh.
Never been that far north before gona get a nose bleed ha ha.

hi,
done the run up to fort william many times,though always during summer.if i were going there at this time of year with the conditions we have at the moment i would go motorway (m8) through glasgow passed the airport and over erskine bridge,arrocharr,inverarry,the rest and be thankfull pass,oban,connel bridge and north ballacullish.the other way is through: dunblane callander and past the old green welly shop.i know that there are snow barriers at “the welly” as that is the start of rannoch moor and it can be brutal at this time of year up there,good luck,i can’t recall seeing snow barriers on the first route (through glasgow) :smiley: .
regards andrew.

Spoke to Dingo today he was saying the main roads are ok but everything else is a bit tricky. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

crap roads either way

globby 480:
crap roads either way

Totaly agree :smiley: .

Its snowing hard on the top of the rest and be thankful at the moment (A83), just in home about half an hour ago.
Spoke to another driver and the A819 ( Invearay to Dalmally road) is also not very good :frowning:

Today the A82 through Glen Coe wasnt to bad , but cant say how it will be tomorrow.

You will just ned to see how it looks when you get that far :laughing:

Thanks…never been before so unsure of route,its a regular job for our company but never been,i know the lads say they go up via callandar/glencoe but thats all i know,theyve ribbed me about it cos ive always avoided goin up but now its my turn lol, just looked on map and think i will go from sterling a84,a85,a82 does that sound bowt right■■?

Your route sounds spot on :smiley:.

Thats probably te best route if you are not sure.

At the moment it does not matter what way you go you will get snow :grimacing:

Hi Dont forget your shovel,take some extra food,make sure the night heater is working.I dont think you will be doing too many loads this week though,good trip and take care. cheers Ted.

we used to load fort william years ago the route you suggest is the way i used to go i went over the erskine bridge once and up the 82 but for me this route seemed a lot worse then the other i my self do not think there is any good way to fort william but the scenery is spectacular

the route mentioned via oban hss a low bridge. so best avoided if you have anything higher than a tipper
your route via stirling and callander is the best route. take care, you’ll be fine.

That if you get to Blyth & out of it as quite bad up here

Where in Blyth are you loading :question:

Make sure that you have food and sleeping bag etc.your choice of route is fine but you are going into remote places so cant expect your phone to work all of the way.

Take care going up there if ye havent been before .

Truth be told the road is not fit for purpose , for a main trunk route its an absolute disgrace.

The only upside is the stunning scenery at Glencoe .

keep a close eye on this page
trafficscotland.org/currentincidents/index.aspx