Formula One 2012

Formula One 2012

Anyone looking forward to it on brilliant HD on Sky? Its on channel, I cannot believe my luck, i’m sure repeats all week and in depth interviews, analysis and fit bird pictures, can’t wait!

Will anyone who has Sky still watch the BBC’s coverage instead to “keep it real”?

theonlybigman:
Formula One 2012

Anyone looking forward to it on brilliant HD on Sky? Its on channel, I cannot believe my luck, i’m sure repeats all week and in depth interviews, analysis and fit bird pictures, can’t wait!

Will anyone who has Sky still watch the BBC’s coverage instead to “keep it real”?

No i’m not looking forward to it,its duller than football…i would rather poke my eyes out with a stick and cut my ears off so i dont have to listen to the constant ■■■■■■■ drone of those cars going round and round and round not being able to overtake cause the governing body has probably banned it,its about as exciting as painting in a dark cellar…that’s my position anyhow!! :wink:

Can’t wait, hoping for a better season for McLaren this year (been a McLaren fan since the Prost/Senna era)

Will be good to see if McLaren and Ferrari can equal Red Bull, another Vettel takes all season would be too boring. Hoping to see improvements from Mercedes and Williams. Kimi back too, hope he’s still got what it takes!

Gonna be a good season!

Can’t wait just got sports channel for it , might watch some of bbc but gotta check out the new channel :slight_smile: however I didn’t get hd wish I did now lol! Hopefully mclaren can stay with redbull from beginning or even better pull away from the first race !! Just read maurissa team (ex-virgin) might miss first race due to safety crash tests …

im not a massive fan,but i do tune in most weekends.ill be hoping vettel does well as i have a small wager running on him

Hiya,
Won’t be watching, it’s getting a bit like a procession, there’s no “dicing” anymore a bit like playing with a Scalectrix,so I may just spend the race time enjoying watching paint dry or if there’s “Superbikes” on around the time I’ll tune in, now that is worth watching, Formula 1 is just getting more boring every season, tin hat on////.
thanks harry long retired.

Bikemonkey:

theonlybigman:
Formula One 2012

No i’m not looking forward to it,its duller than football…i would rather poke my eyes out with a stick and cut my ears off so i dont have to listen to the constant [zb] drone of those cars going round and round and round not being able to overtake cause the governing body has probably banned it,its about as exciting as painting in a dark cellar…that’s my position anyhow!! :wink:

Each to their own, but, I just dont get it.................whats the point ■■?

Stanley Mitchell:

Bikemonkey:

theonlybigman:
Formula One 2012

No i’m not looking forward to it,its duller than football…i would rather poke my eyes out with a stick and cut my ears off so i dont have to listen to the constant [zb] drone of those cars going round and round and round not being able to overtake cause the governing body has probably banned it,its about as exciting as painting in a dark cellar…that’s my position anyhow!! :wink:

Technology wise, this shows some things that have benefited from F1,

infoniac.com/hi-tech/formula … world.html

Entertainment wise, if you look it as just cars spinning round a track then yeah, boring. A bit like a football match is just trying to put a ball in a net. But if you look at the tactics, the mind games and almost chess like decsions that are made, it becomes exciting and unpredictable.

theonlybigman:

Stanley Mitchell:

Bikemonkey:

theonlybigman:
Formula One 2012

Entertainment wise, if you look it as just cars spinning round a track then yeah, boring. A bit like a football match is just trying to put a ball in a net. But if you look at the tactics, the mind games and almost chess like decsions that are made, it becomes exciting and unpredictable.

Ill take your word about the "tactics", and, Ill even acknowledge the innovations, but, what about Bernies babes, and their spending ■■?..................not what Id call “sensitive” in this day and age :blush:

Stanley Mitchell:

theonlybigman:

Stanley Mitchell:

Bikemonkey:

theonlybigman:
Formula One 2012

Ill take your word about the "tactics", and, Ill even acknowledge the innovations, but, what about Bernies babes, and their spending ■■?..................not what Id call “sensitive” in this day and age :blush:

I have done a delivery to the Mclaren factory and let me tell you they may spend a fortune, but they must make it back, and some! Not short of a few bob in there, I only delivered a sofa for an office and was offered lunch, drinks and they were giving away big promotion booklets, I wasn’t shy about taking a handful of those!

theonlybigman:

Stanley Mitchell:

theonlybigman:

Stanley Mitchell:

Bikemonkey:

theonlybigman:
Formula One 2012

I have done a delivery to the Mclaren factory and let me tell you they may spend a fortune, but they must make it back, and some! Not short of a few bob in there, I only delivered a sofa for an office and was offered lunch, drinks and they were giving away big promotion booklets, I wasn’t shy about taking a handful of those!

Fill your boots, I think Bernie does :wink:

hiya,
Used to have more enjoyment going to speedway and stock car racing, just don’t know how the technology gleaned from Formula 1 will help the motorist though, we are only allowed to creep about our roads and be charged exhorbitant money for doing so, but as they say everyone to their own, the modern set-up does nothing for me, bit like driving flat out on the motorway the fastest one gets there first.
thanks harry long retired.

useto be big f1 fan but in last 10yrs i have lost interest would rather sit and watch touring cars on itv4 more action will still watch f1 but wont go out of my way to watch

I’ll be watching, and probably always will, ■■■■■■ off that Sky/Virgin won’t come to a deal and broadcast in HD on Virgin though, even more ■■■■■■ that the Aunty wouldn’t keep the rights.

Might even start watching Indy car this year, better crashes :laughing:

I now have Sky HD for the F1, but I have to say that the BBC coverage since they got it from ITV has been the best I’ve seen in 25+ years of watching it, so Sky will have to go some to equal or beat it.

I know Martin Brundle has defected to Sky, and he has got Damon Hill as his sidekick, but I did enjoy his grid walk, and I wonder if he wil still do it, or will the BBC keep on doing it with DC.

I want McLaren to do the business this year, but I can’t see it. Met Lewis at McLaren in 2010 and had lunch with him, and he was very upbeat about 2011, but it never paid off. I think Jenson will whoop his ■■■ again this year.

I also do Touring Cars and was a guest of West Surrey Racing for the final round at Silverstone last year, and was thrilled to see Matt Neal take the title. Enjoyed the tet de tet on YouTube he had with Plato though, when he threatened to rip Plato’s face off.

youtube.com/watch?v=YXBvSgqseL0

By the way. Matt Neal is a martial arts exeprt, so I don’t think Plato would stand a chance.

Ken.

precision driving